Need help - Will my RAM fit into all 4 slots side by side?

So I know this is very specific, but I'm looking to upgrade my PC, and I just need to know whether my RAM will fit into the MoBo slots

The MoBo I'll be getting is the Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 and the RAM is 16gb (4x4gb) of G.Skill ripjaws V series in quad channel

The only reason I'm asking this is because on the PCPartPicker list it gave me a warning about POSSIBLY not being able to fit all the RAM. So I just need to find whether they will, and if not I'll just get different sticks

I know there probably won't be many people if anyone with the same configuration as me, but any help at all is helpful!

PCPartPicker list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/6TvTmq (ignore the Ryzen)

1 minute ago, NoSpawnnGG said:

So I know this is very specific, but I'm looking to upgrade my PC, and I just need to know whether my RAM will fit into the MoBo slots

The MoBo I'll be getting is the Gigabyte GA-AB350 and the RAM is 16gb (4x4gb) of G.Skill ripjaws V series in quad channel

The only reason I'm asking this is because on the PCPartPicker list it gave me a warning about POSSIBLY not being able to fit all the RAM. So I just need to find whether they will, and if not I'll just get different sticks

I know there probably won't be many people if anyone with the same configuration as me, but any help at all is helpful!

PCPartPicker list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/6TvTmq (ignore the Ryzen)

You should be fine, I've never really ran into spacing issues with normal ram. 

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't see the warning you mentioned about not being able to fit all the RAM.

RAM heatspreaders really aren't that wide, usually the only thing that would prevent RAM from fitting is a CPU cooler.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

That mostly depends on what cooler you're using, with the stock cooler your should be able to fit it there easily, since you can 'rotate' the shroud of the Wraith cooler.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I don't see the warning you mentioned about not being able to fit all the RAM.

RAM heatspreaders really aren't that wide, usually the only thing that would prevent RAM from fitting is a CPU cooler

Yeah I'll be using the stock cooler, so should that be fine? @Crunchy Dragon

If you haven't gotten the parts yet, don't get those parts. 

You're spending way too much for that RAM kit. You can easily get a decent speed 2x 8GB kit for much less. The motherboard is among the worst available. Gigabyte's 4-phase VRM is absolute crap. You can get a 6 core for not that much more than the quad core you've chosen. 

Both motherboard and RAM brands know that people might want to use all the DIMMs available. So they would have thought of compatibility when designing their product. The PCPP thing is a disclaimer, in case it somehow doesn't work. 

Also, Ryzen doesn't support quad channel. You need HEDT for that. Four sticks on Ryzen is still dual channel. Same bandwidth, less stability. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  (£155.94 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£71.99 @ Aria PC) 
Memory: ADATA - XPG Z1 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£149.56 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £377.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-29 22:10 BST+0100

:)

14 minutes ago, seon123 said:

You're spending way too much for that RAM kit. You can easily get a decent speed 2x 8GB kit for much less. The motherboard is among the worst available. Gigabyte's 4-phase VRM is absolute crap. You can get a 6 core for not that much more than the quad core you've chosen. 

Both motherboard and RAM brands know that people might want to use all the DIMMs available. So they would have thought of compatibility when designing their product. The PCPP thing is a disclaimer, in case it somehow doesn't work. 

Also, Ryzen doesn't support quad channel. You need HEDT for that. Four sticks on Ryzen is still dual channel. Same bandwidth, less stability. 

Anecdotal rambling, the post.

23 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Oh ok, I didnt realise Ryzen didn't support quad channel for a start!

4 minutes ago, NoSpawnnGG said:

Oh ok, I didnt realise Ryzen didn't support quad channel for a start!

that doesnt matter

4x4 is better then 2x8   due to lower stick density

aswell if u run 4sticks itl run 2x dual

(◑‿◐)

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

that doesnt matter

4x4 is better then 2x8   due to lower stick density

aswell if u run 4sticks itl run 2x dual

Yeah I've watched a couple benchmark comparisons between dual and quad channel with a Ryzen and quad channel did usually seem to do better?

2 minutes ago, NoSpawnnGG said:

Yeah I've watched a couple benchmark comparisons between dual and quad channel with a Ryzen and quad channel did usually seem to do better?

It does do better. Lower stick density. As @Valkyrie Lenneth said. 4x4gb sticks over 2x8 gb sticks all day unless you plan to go to 32 gbs. Which would be overkill in most uses as of right now. 

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

33 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Also, what's wrong with Gigabytes VRM? @seon123

4 minutes ago, NoSpawnnGG said:

also with ram sticks u dont need t oworry about width, their all designed having width in mind. however u do need to watchout for height, with some coolers u need low profile sticks, depends on ur cpu cooler 99,99% of the case tho

(◑‿◐)

3 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

gigabyte use lower quality vrms and msi

MSI does too? I mean right now I've got an old ASUS board, and I've never run into any mishaps of any kind, so what about ASUS?

2 minutes ago, NoSpawnnGG said:

MSI does too? I mean right now I've got an old ASUS board, and I've never run into any mishaps of any kind, so what about ASUS?

asus known to be good

honestly. ive had msi boards and my mate,  we had around 50% failure rate of boards dieing randomly ( without oc LOL )

also, all msi boards teh vrms were getting hot AF :o same with gigabyte boards tbh ( tho havent seen gigabyte die yet )

(◑‿◐)

6 hours ago, NoSpawnnGG said:

Also, what's wrong with Gigabytes VRM? @seon123

They use very low end components. They are inefficient, so they get really hot, and have low current capabilities. Getting hot also decreases their lifespan. They should really not be used for anything more than a quad core. 

Being just a 4 phase makes it worse for voltage stability and transient response, compared to higher phase count VRMs. Meaning you'll need more voltage to reach the same overclocks. 

:)