GTX 970 underload black screen problems

Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,
Just now, Andy Yu said:

Now I probably have to buy a 1050ti and wait for new gen GPU to come out then... Thanks for ur time

Before you drop cash on that, go get something super cheap, I mean really bargain basement, like a GT 710 or something, reset everything to stock speeds and voltages, and test. Just to be certain it's not something bad on your mobo.

You can stress test the GT7 10, you'll get bad results, but if it holds, you know for certain the other GFX card is bad.

I have been looking at some other forum discussing about this problem, but I don't really think it is my power supply.

Recently I have just built my new system and everything works fine including 8086k OC to 5GHz. However, no matter if it is stock CPU clock speed, RAM speed, there is no way to avoid black screen when my GPU went over 50% of usage.

I have a EVGA SuperNova P2 850w that I bought few days ago with all other components except my 970. I have reinstall my drivers and reapply thermal paste, tried to add voltage or lower my clock speed, but it doesnt seems to be the solution.

15 minutes ago, Andy Yu said:

I have been looking at some other forum discussing about this problem, but I don't really think it is my power supply.

Recently I have just built my new system and everything works fine including 8086k OC to 5GHz. However, no matter if it is stock CPU clock speed, RAM speed, there is no way to avoid black screen when my GPU went over 50% of usage.

I have a EVGA SuperNova P2 850w that I bought few days ago with all other components except my 970. I have reinstall my drivers and reapply thermal paste, tried to add voltage or lower my clock speed, but it doesnt seems to be the solution.

Seems the problem is obvious: Your GFX is bad

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

8 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Seems the problem is obvious: Your GFX is bad

sorry, but what is a GFX? U mean my GPU is broken in general?

1 minute ago, Andy Yu said:

sorry, but what is a GFX? U mean my GPU is broken in general?

GFX = Graphics Card.

Yeah, seems your video card is bad

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

GFX = Graphics Card.

Yeah, seems your video card is bad

Now I probably have to buy a 1050ti and wait for new gen GPU to come out then... Thanks for ur time

Just now, Andy Yu said:

Before you drop cash on that, go get something super cheap, I mean really bargain basement, like a GT 710 or something, reset everything to stock speeds and voltages, and test. Just to be certain it's not something bad on your mobo.

You can stress test the GT7 10, you'll get bad results, but if it holds, you know for certain the other GFX card is bad.

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

today ill test with my friend's GTX 1070 to see if it is really my GPU problem, I did test yesterday with other components and it seems to narrow to my 970, I will double check to make sure though.

35 minutes ago, Andy Yu said:

today ill test with my friend's GTX 1070 to see if it is really my GPU problem, I did test yesterday with other components and it seems to narrow to my 970, I will double check to make sure though.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out