UV Coolant Additives or UV Premix Fluid? Brands?

Hello all,

Slowly gathering parts for a custom water loop I am building and would like to do either UV Pink or UV light blue. I don't know the difference really between using a dye on distilled water or an premix fluid. Also what are the best recommended brands? I had my eye on this below:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AG244ZO/?coliid=I2KQD5B4M96U0E&colid=3N4R02K5I6IYP&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Thanks for any insight you all have.

General nerd and I work in corporate finance. Happy to help!

When using a dye with distilled water you would also need to add an additive as corrosion inhibitor and anti-growth.

In your case I would recommend Mayhems X1 Clear as main additive for the corrosion inhibitor and anti growth. Then use one or more of their dyes to give it the color you want.

I'm using Mayhems for almost 2 years now and never had issues with it.

Also, you could look at EK-CryoFuel which is also very reliable to use but it comes in only 4 colors and a clear one.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

2 hours ago, Limecat86 said:

When using a dye with distilled water you would also need to add an additive as corrosion inhibitor and anti-growth.

In your case I would recommend Mayhems X1 Clear as main additive for the corrosion inhibitor and anti growth. Then use one or more of their dyes to give it the color you want.

I'm using Mayhems for almost 2 years now and never had issues with it.

Also, you could look at EK-CryoFuel which is also very reliable to use but it comes in only 4 colors and a clear one.

Okay that sounds like a plan but I definitely want UV blue or pink, could you link me some of the Mayhem’s options for those and the inhibitor additives? I’ve seen there stuff and it looks like there are so many options...

I've used Primochill's UV pink and UV purple dye with no issues.  Since i use the Primochill soft tubing, it comes with the sysprep and The liquid utopia.  The liquid utopia is your protection against algae and corrosion, it works great.

R7 5800x -:- Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming -:- EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX3080 -:- EVGA 850 GA -:- 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo  -:- Asus TUF GT501

I'm using XSPC UV blue additive in my mainstream rig, it glows very well under a UV light but the strip I bought at first was faulty so I ordered a different one to finish the install. I would advise not buying Nanoxia's rigid UV strip as they seem to have soldering issues at the factory.

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

22 hours ago, Kalm_Traveler1 said:

I'm using XSPC UV blue additive in my mainstream rig, it glows very well under a UV light but the strip I bought at first was faulty so I ordered a different one to finish the install. I would advise not buying Nanoxia's rigid UV strip as they seem to have soldering issues at the factory.

Good to know, I think I'll be using the CableMod RGB/UV dual strips for lighting. That way I can toggle UV or RGB depending on what I am feeling.

On 26-6-2018 at 3:15 AM, wpowell13 said:

Okay that sounds like a plan but I definitely want UV blue or pink, could you link me some of the Mayhem’s options for those and the inhibitor additives? I’ve seen there stuff and it looks like there are so many options...

https://www.mayhems.net/collections/x1-concentrate-100ml/products/x1-clear-100ml

https://www.mayhems.net/collections/x1-concentrate-250ml/products/x1-clear-250ml

With this you don't need any additional biocide.

https://www.mayhems.net/collections/standard-dyes

https://www.mayhems.net/collections/non-staining-dyes

I don't know where you live, so I posted the links to their webshop.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B