New GPUs?

Prokart2000
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
Just now, Prokart2000 said:

Thanks, its just that the cheapest 8gb is about £60 more.

Yeah go for your initial choice its a better value than the 8GB. 60 is kind of steep for an additional 4GB.

Hi guys

So my beloved r9 280x finally gave up last week and i was looking for an upgrade for it.

I was thinking of getting an rx 580 as they are now priced respectfully again and give decent performance.

However, the current gen cards have been out for while now and i was wondering if there was any news on new cards coming out?

Thanks again

Pro

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

7 minutes ago, Prokart2000 said:

However, the current gen cards have been out for while now and i was wondering if there was any news on new cards coming out?

Current speculation from Team green is they might release new GPU's in august. However these will most likely be expensive (north of $400-500) so if your budget is more like $300, the 580 or 1060 6GB will stil be good for a while, as they wouldnt release the next xx60 version until probably October (again assuming August they do release new GPU's).

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

14 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Current speculation from Team green is they might release new GPU's in august. However these will most likely be expensive (north of $400-500) so if your budget is more like $300, the 580 or 1060 6GB will stil be good for a while, as they wouldnt release the next xx60 version until probably October (again assuming August they do release new GPU's).

Fair enough, i will search around for a decent deal on one of them, do you know if they still do them free game deals that they used to?

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

If you can find a RX580 for a decent price i'd go for it. It seems like AMD isn't going to release anything in the near future and Nvidia is going to release high end cards that will carry a hefty price tag.

3 minutes ago, Konrad Kwasniewski said:

If you can find a RX580 for a decent price i'd go for it. It seems like AMD isn't going to release anything in the near future and Nvidia is going to release high end cards that will carry a hefty price tag.

Thanks, would you say 4gb is still enough for 1080p? There one for £190 that i should be able to get pretty soon.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Prokart2000 said:

Fair enough, i will search around for a decent deal on one of them, do you know if they still do them free game deals that they used to?

I just checked on newegg, all of the specific game deals or $20 steam cards seem to be for GTX 1070 and up, or Vega 56 and up. The rest seem to be Mail in rebates. Its definitely possible that they're are some deals out there but I wasn't able to locate them when browsing for 3 minutes.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 minutes ago, Prokart2000 said:

Thanks, would you say 4gb is still enough for 1080p? There one for £190 that i should be able to get pretty soon.

It should be enough. I used to have a 3GB 1060 and it struggled in some games. I'd say 4GB the modern minimum for high settings.

1 minute ago, Konrad Kwasniewski said:

It should be enough. I used to have a 3GB 1060 and it struggled in some games. I'd say 4GB the modern minimum for high settings.

Spoiler

Just now, Prokart2000 said:

Yeah go for your initial choice its a better value than the 8GB. 60 is kind of steep for an additional 4GB.

47 minutes ago, Prokart2000 said:

Hi guys

So my beloved r9 280x finally gave up last week and i was looking for an upgrade for it.

I was thinking of getting an rx 580 as they are now priced respectfully again and give decent performance.

Thanks again

Pro

Yes there are you can read the news but there isn't any official confirmation that outright says "they will arrive this day"

you can wait if you want (I would) but sadly we don't know for sure that they are comming soon. There's just a bunch of rumors and "leaks" that claim augost is when they release new cards but like the guy above said they arrive in augost (or july 30th as latest information suggests) that's just GTX xx80 and xx70, GTX xx60 might land one month later (like the 760 and 1060) or 4 months later (like the 960) or even 5-6 months later (like the 660) it's quite hard to say