Case Swap. Making my Pc quieter. Need help!

ScotFox

Hello everyone. First off, hope everyone had a great Christmas.

I have been meaning to do this upgrade for a while but ive never gotten around to research it.

Alright. I currently have a fairly decent rig in a full tower case. But i also recently in the last 5 months or so found a passion for youtube and twitch content. And currently have a decent XLR microphone. And the pc noise picks up in recordings very loudly! I need suggestions from you guys about what case i can swap too, to make my pc quieter. Any fans that i can swap out. I really just want to fit this pc into a smaller form factor with minimal noise. Any suggestions would be fantastic. Cheers

The build. And currently just using on board fans with the case.

Graphics Card - Gtx 670

Mother Board - Asrock z77 Extreme 6

CPU - i7 3770k @ 4.0 Ghz

CPU FAN - Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo

RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz CL9

Case : NZXT Switch 810 Black

HDD1 - Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

HDD2 - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

SSD - OCZ 128GB Agility 4

PSU - OCZ ZX Series 1000W 80+ GOLD Modular

Sound Card - Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card

Capture Card - Avermedia Live Gamer HD C985

Leader of the Fox Army on twitch and youtube

Noctua NF-F12s would be a great option if silence is the ONLY thing that matters. There are probably better values for your money out there, but this is the best of the best.

NF-F12s? Acoustic foam sheets? Swap into a Define case?

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

If you're streaming a game, then that's your graphics card making noise. You can't possibly be using enough power for your PSU to turn up.

The GPU will be louder than your CPU anyway, so that's what you're going to have to change or water cool for silence.

Your case fans are more than likely not the problem if you're running at 7v or even better 5v. Before we all flood the thread with durp buy a define R4 you need to realize that's not going to magically make everything quiet, assuming you didn't know. Your case is good enough, components need changing.

Error: 410

If you're streaming a game, then that's your graphics card making noise. You can't possibly be using enough power for your PSU to turn up.

The GPU will be louder than your CPU anyway, so that's what you're going to have to change or water cool for silence.

Your case fans are more than likely not the problem if you're running at 7v or even better 5v. Before we all flood the thread with durp buy a define R4 you need to realize that's not going to magically make everything quiet, assuming you didn't know. Your case is good enough, components need changing.

Alright thanks for notifying me. On idle i hear my pc fairly loudly aswell, and thats why i didnt think it would be a graphics card thing. Thanks very much for your input.

What brand is the GPU?`That is probably the loudest part in your PC. MSI's TwinFrozr 4 is near silent. Watercooling would ofc be the best option.

who cares...

What brand is the GPU?`That is probably the loudest part in your PC. MSI's TwinFrozr 4 is near silent. Watercooling would ofc be the best option.

Its a asus DirectCU 2.

Its a asus DirectCU 2.

what % fan speed do you have the card set to and what voltage are you running your case fans on? that stock evo fan might be making some noise too.

Error: 410

Its a asus DirectCU 2.

That's good to start with. Did you try setting a custom fan curve? I just tried to determine the max temps that i get with MSI Kombustor and then set a custom curve to it.

Most stock fan 'curves' are just a straight line.

post-31147-0-18059500-1388176027.jpg

who cares...

That's good to start with. Did you try setting a custom fan curve? I just tried to determine the max temps that i get with MSI Kombustor and then set a custom curve to it.

Most stock fan 'curves' are just a straight line.

what % fan speed do you have the card set to and what voltage are you running your case fans on? that stock evo fan might be making some noise too.

Ill reply soon. Busy bee this time of year. Thanks for input.

• 2 weeks later...

Nf f12s for fans, in the 750d or the define r4, if you go fir the 750d go for 2 front nf a14s.