can i game at 4K, MAX graphics, 60fps with a GTX 980ti?

saif96

i own a GTX 980ti, i7-8086k, 3200mhz DDR4 and im planning on gaming 4K ones the PG27UQ becomes available locally.

so with my current specs would it be possible to game Max graphics (excluding AA) at 50-60fps on games like battlefield 1, rainbow six, resident evil 7, dying light and more graphical intense games?

i know the 980ti isnt that great with 4k gaming but would the CPU and RAM speed help out to get it close 50-60fps? i know i should get the 1080ti for 4k gaming but im going to wait till the 1180ti release  

Only 1440p max(aa disabled).

When you want 4k you either have to to medium/high on old games like gta5, or low on new games like AC Origins.

45 minutes ago, saif96 said:

i own a GTX 980ti, i7-8086k, 3200mhz DDR4 and im planning on gaming 4K ones the PG27UQ becomes available locally.

so with my current specs would it be possible to game Max graphics (excluding AA) at 50-60fps on games like battlefield 1, rainbow six, resident evil 7, dying light and more graphical intense games?

i know the 980ti isnt that great with 4k gaming but would the CPU and RAM speed help out to get it close 50-60fps? i know i should get the 1080ti for 4k gaming but im going to wait till the 1180ti release  

This seems like a troll post. 

Whats the point of playing at max settings, ESPECIALLY at 2160p? Like please explain to me why this is a thing? Playing on medium or high is a much smoother experience, and i can almost guarantee you will notice very little difference for most settings. 

1180ti may not come out for another year from the launch of the next gen cards as per usual.

8 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

Expect 40-50 fps at best  with a decent OC.

if its in the high 40's like 48+ im fine with that since i wont notice much with G-sync

6 minutes ago, saif96 said:

if its in the high 40's like 48+ im fine with that since i wont notice much with G-sync

If it's only a stop gap until the new GPUs are launched i'm sure you can make it work.

May need to tweak a couple of settings but +40 fps is playable as long as it's smooth.

27 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

If it's only a stop gap until the new GPUs are launched i'm sure you can make it work.

May need to tweak a couple of settings but +40 fps is playable as long as it's smooth.

ya the 980ti is just temporary till the 1180ti/titan XT arrives in the market then i might either sell the 980ti or just give it to a friend

but i really hope i get idleast the high 40's fps or 50-60's if im lucky, i hope the cpu and ram speed help out