Can i do 1080Ti OC Sli or only 1080Ti?

My main question is Asus Rog Swift 1080 Ti OC edition Can be SLI? Since it's OC edition. Does it work as Sli?

I will do Sli for PG35VQ next year. Until then i will use normal 1080p monitor.

I am out of patience so i have to buy old GPU.

yes it can. 
but you could just wait..
depending on the games you'll play you may not require another gpu.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

yeah you can depending on your motherboard also it doesnt matter if its GAMER EXTERME OVERCloCKER 2.0 

5 minutes ago, Sabir said:

My main question is Asus Rog Swift 1080 Ti OC edition Can be SLI? Since it's OC edition. Does it work as Sli?

I will do Sli for PG35VQ next year. Until then i will use normal 1080p monitor.

I am out of patience so i have to buy old GPU.

You can put a 1080 Ti in SLI with another 1080 Ti. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, r2724r16 said:

You can put a 1080 Ti in SLI with another 1080 Ti. 

What about 1080 Ti oc edition sli?

2 minutes ago, savagepain said:

yeah you can depending on your motherboard also it doesnt matter if its GAMER EXTERME OVERCloCKER 2.0 

I will buy Asus Maximus X hero motherboard.

Just now, Sabir said:

What about 1080 Ti oc edition sli?

you can mix and match different 1080tis without issue.
wether its edition or brand.

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

10 minutes ago, Sabir said:

SLI is a waste of money

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

If you put an OC version of Strix with a normal version then the speed will be lowered to the weaker card.

It doesn't really matter because you can use a program like MSI Afterburner or EVGA precision to OC both cards to the level of the stronger or even further. You can also use the Asus Tweak but I like Afterburner more (most people do).

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

you can mix and match different 1080tis without issue.
wether its edition or brand.

I will buy Asus Rog Swift 1080 Ti OC Sli. Does 1080 Ti OC sli work?

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

SLI is a waste of money

But i will do for my upcoming PG35VQ. Because of more pixel you need slime.

Just now, Sabir said:

I will buy Asus Rog Swift 1080 Ti OC Sli. Does 1080 Ti OC sli work?

SLI will work on ANY card above a 1060 (not that its worth it necessarily with those ones but whatever.)

as long as its pared with the same base gpu. (1070 with a 1070, 1080 with a 1080, 1080ti with a 1080ti.)

3 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

If you put an OC version of Strix with a normal version then the speed will be lowered to the weaker card.

It doesn't really matter because you can use a program to OC both cards to the level of the stronger or even further.

What should i do my priority is gaming. I will do it for PG35VQ. I want higher fps.

1 minute ago, Sabir said:

But i will do for my upcoming PG35VQ. Because of more pixel you need slime.

SLI isn't going to work most of the time, and is only 3440x1440p correct? You could just run it at a slighlty lower resolution/settings to hit closer to 200fps, your CPU is going to be a bottleneck in some games anyways.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

SLI will work on ANY card above a 1060 (not that its worth it necessarily with those ones but whatever.)

as long as its pared with the same base gpu. (1070 with a 1070, 1080 with a 1080, 1080ti with a 1080ti.)

So Asus 1080 Ti oc sli should do fine?

Just now, Sabir said:

yes..

Listen. SLI in games will give you worse performance. Buy one, and keep it that way.

hi.

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You could just run it at a slighlty lower resolution/settings to hit closer to 200fps, your CPU is going to be a bottleneck in some games anyways.

And in some he will struggle to get 100FPS. Depends on the game.

2 minutes ago, Sabir said:

Yes.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

yes..

Not problem or pressure for motherboard since both sli is 1080Ti is OC edition

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:

Listen. SLI in games will give you worse performance. Buy one, and keep it that way.

But i want it for upcoming PG35VQ where you need high performance for 3440x1440.

1 minute ago, Sabir said:

But i want it for upcoming PG35VQ where you need high performance for 3440x1440.

Just save your money for a next generation GPU in a few months if you want better performance.

Isn't going to be too crazy to expect Titan V gaming performance at Titan X pricing, or whatever Navi offers if it's multi-die.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

SLI isn't going to work most of the time, and is only 3440x1440p correct? You could just run it at a slighlty lower resolution/settings to hit closer to 200fps, your CPU is going to be a bottleneck in some games anyways.

What if i off one gpu when it's bottleneck. My processor will be i7 8700k 8th generation.

Just now, Sabir said:

here's something.

First.
get the gpu
and get the monitor
IF
and ONLY IF
its not enough.
get a second gpu.

On 22/06/2018 at 8:39 AM, Sabir said:

A single 1080Ti can push that resolution. As well as a 1070, 1060 and even 1050Ti. You don't need 2 cards.

hi.

3 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

A single 1080Ti can push that resolution. As well as a 1070, 1060 and even 1050Ti. You don't need 2 cards.

Gtx 1180 coming lately in this year :( They delayed.