Best remote torrent manager for android???

buri

hi all, as with utorrent and bittorrent remote you can only pause delete and see the progress of your torrents, its useless to me.

whats the best android torrent remote app that i can also ADD torrents to the torrent client working in my PC remotely??

Maybe there is a 3rd party android app which can connect to utorrent or bittorent and add/control torrents remotely?

tia

utorrent bittorrent deluge all allow you to set a "hot" folder. They will monitor this folder for .torrent files. So you could just download the .torrent to say a google drive - have google drive installed and sync'd on said torrent box, and have your favorite torrenting software monitor that folder. Just be sure to set the download directory to something other than your google drive.

https://superuser.com/questions/119011/how-to-automatically-download-torrents-through-utorrent-that-are-downloaded-in-f

hopefully that's still the same path to set the "watched' folder for whatever version you're running.

@Mikensan is right.. but better clients have more control.

I personally like Deluge and qBittorrent. There are various apps that can control them remotely. (Including builtin web interfaces for both of them.)

"Only proprietary software vendors want proprietary software." - Dexter's Law

5 hours ago, jde3 said:

@Mikensan is right.. but better clients have more control.

I personally like Deluge and qBittorrent. There are various apps that can control them remotely. (Including builtin web interfaces for both of them.)

Deluge here as well, works fantastic. Threw up a quick CentOS + deluge, enabled the web GUI and called it a day.

@Mikensan Deluge you can even use the command line.. deluge-cli so you can control it over ssh.. or as a thin client setting the GTK interface to classic mode and connecting remotely. It's pretty good software. qBittorrent has grown on me a little bit though as well over the years.. it's got a very good interface not quite as flexible however. It's web interface is probably the best though.

"Only proprietary software vendors want proprietary software." - Dexter's Law