Can these headphones be used with my phone?

So i have been looking to get headphones and I found a pair I like. I mainly want it for watching videos or listening to music on my ipad Air 2 or my Samsung galaxy s8, but I also might use them on my computer as well sometimes. I have 1 problem and that is that im not sure if the headphones will recieve enough power to run well on my phone. I have read some people complaining how it sounds kind of quiet on their phone but they seem to have older models. The impedance is 38 which is cutting it close since i have heard for phone use you typically want around 25 and for nonphone use you want 50+. The head phones are call ATH-WS1100iS. Im not sure if i should settle on these or if I will have to keep looking. Any help will be much appreciated. Here is a link to the headphones- https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-WS1100iS-Over-Ear-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B018UB3HU0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529015052&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=ath+ws1100is

9 minutes ago, FlamingOnion_1 said:

So i have been looking to get headphones and I found a pair I like. I mainly want it for watching videos or listening to music on my ipad Air 2 or my Samsung galaxy s8, but I also might use them on my computer as well sometimes. I have 1 problem and that is that im not sure if the headphones will recieve enough power to run well on my phone. I have read some people complaining how it sounds kind of quiet on their phone but they seem to have older models. The impedance is 38 which is cutting it close since i have heard for phone use you typically want around 25 and for nonphone use you want 50+. The head phones are call ATH-WS1100iS. Im not sure if i should settle on these or if I will have to keep looking. Any help will be much appreciated. Here is a link to the headphones- https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-WS1100iS-Over-Ear-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B018UB3HU0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529015052&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=ath+ws1100is

Yes, they will work most phones fully support up to 35 ohms this headset is rated for 38 ohms, they will work fine, but they would sound slightly better with an AMP or an LG V20, V30, or a G7. So they will sound fine just not as amazing as they could with an AMP but the difference is small enough that you probably won't notice. I actually have a set of ATH-M20Xs that are rated to 47 ohms and they sound fine in my computer and on my old S5.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

9 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Yes, they will work most phones fully support up to 35 ohms this headset is rated for 38 ohms, they will work fine, but they would sound slightly better with an AMP or an LG V20, V30, or a G7. So they will sound fine just not as amazing as they could with an AMP but the difference is small enough that you probably won't notice. I actually have a set of ATH-M20Xs that are rated to 47 ohms and they sound fine in my computer and on my old S5.

Thanks for the input! I was really worried that there would be a large enough difference that i would notice and wouldn't be able to get them.

1 minute ago, FlamingOnion_1 said:

Thanks for the input! I was really worried that there would be a large enough difference that i would notice and wouldn't be able to get them.

Your welcome!

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

11 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

pssshht...An amp? The seed has been planted. Now the OP will be on the hunt for a headphone AMP. I say nay! to the amp. Just plug them in your phone. Everything will just work. DONE!

3 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

pssshht...An amp? The seed has been planted. Now the OP will be on the hunt for a headphone AMP. I say nay! to the amp. Just plug them in your phone. Everything will just work. DONE!

nah I wouldn't be on the hunt for an amp. I have read from somewhere else that an Amp would be basically useless for 38 ohms and he also mentioned how it would be a small difference that I most likely won't from the computer to a phone. Plus either way these headphones are maxing out my budget on what I want to pay :P