Can i use seasonic snow silent 1050w cable on my new seasonic prime ultra platinum 1000w ?

I took my faulty seasonic snow silent 1050w psu to the shop where i bought for warranty. 2 weeks later, they changed me the new seasonic prime ultra 1000w platinum. After went home, i realized that my new psu didn't come with cables. But, I still have my old seasonic snow silent 1050w cables pack. So can i reuse my old cables from snow silent on my new prime ultra platinum or should i borrow cables from someone who also has the same psu as mine

I've seen articles saying to not to. Apparently companies don't always use the same connections for their own units, and connecting improper cables can kill your components. I don't think it's worth the risk. Contact your shop and ask if the PSU was supposed to come with cables, doesn't make sense that it wouldn't come with any...

Ryzen 7 2700X | ZOTAC 3070 AMP HOLO | 32GB Corsair LPX 3000MHz | SeaSonic 620W PSU | ASRock B350 Pro4 | Too many SSDs

As @Tsar_Maple said, the pinouts are not always the same, even for one manufacturer.

I'd suggest you either contact the shop and ask them for proper cables, or send an email to Seasonic and explain you situation and check with them if pinouts on PSUs are compatible.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

35 minutes ago, huybv1999 said:

I took my faulty seasonic snow silent 1050w psu to the shop where i bought for warranty. 2 weeks later, they changed me the new seasonic prime ultra 1000w platinum. After went home, i realized that my new psu didn't come with cables. But, I still have my old seasonic snow silent 1050w cables pack. So can i reuse my old cables from snow silent on my new prime ultra platinum or should i borrow cables from someone who also has the same psu as mine

Send an eMail to Seasonic and ask them.

I don't know and if the Manufacturer doesn't tell that it works, you must not do it.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

7 hours ago, huybv1999 said:

Hello,

We have replied to your email but else yes you can use them, Snow Silent cables are compatible with PRIME Platinum.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ & Troubleshooting - RMA

Facebook - Twitter - Instagram

3 hours ago, Seasonic Rep said:

Hello,

We have replied to your email but else yes you can use them, Snow Silent cables are compatible with PRIME Platinum.

Oh, hi seasonic

Thanks you for your answer, so the snow silent cables, is it even compatible with PRIME ultra ? :)

4 hours ago, Seasonic Rep said:

Hello,

1 hour ago, huybv1999 said:

Oh, hi seasonic

Thanks you for your answer, so the snow silent cables, is it even compatible with PRIME ultra ? :)

look at his profile, probably not quite reliable and when companies reply they usually have a 'industry affiliate' badge of sorts. If you do not reply in 12 hours I will just assume you died in an explosion, burned your house down or committed suicide after seeing your hardware blow up. 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

19 hours ago, huybv1999 said:

Oh, hi seasonic

Hi,

Yes same. Same cable set for all PRIME.

Thanks

Thank you.

Best Regards,

18 hours ago, IAnthonyFX said:

look at his profile, probably not quite reliable and when companies reply they usually have a 'industry affiliate' badge of sorts. If you do not reply in 12 hours I will just assume you died in an explosion, burned your house down or committed suicide after seeing your hardware blow up. 

Hello,

Well, we wil lgladly apply to get this badge and i'm sure we will get it soon if it can make you feel safer ;-)

Thank you.

Best Regards,

6 minutes ago, Seasonic Rep said:

Hello,

Well, we wil lgladly apply to get this badge and i'm sure we will get it soon if it can make you feel safer ;-)

@LinusTech you will have to deal with him 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

5 minutes ago, IAnthonyFX said:

@LinusTech you will have to deal with him 

Fairly sure one of the admins is enough. 

:)

Just now, seon123 said:

Fairly sure one of the admins is enough. 

you are here longer than I am, you must know better, i just did not know who to tag, and likely they need some sort of verification.