Good headphones under $125

MasonBitByte

My birthday is in six weeks, and I want to know, what’s a good pair of durable headphones for under $125?

Why Are We Still Here? Just to Suffer?

9 minutes ago, MaseeGames said:

My birthday is in six weeks, and I want to know, what’s a good pair of durable headphones for under $125?

What do you want to do with these headphones, and what do you expect out of them?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

2 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

What do you want to do with these headphones, and what do you expect out of them?

Listen to HQ music and videos, some gaming but nothing that requires a built in mic. I need them to be durable, have a case and be good looking.

1 minute ago, MaseeGames said:

Listen to HQ music and videos, some gaming but nothing that requires a built in mic. I need them to be durable, have a case and be good looking.

will you use them in environments with lots of background noise? Do you intend to use a an AMP or intend to use a LG V20, G7, or V30? Also how much do you care about looks?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Get the Monoprice Retros, and slap an Antlion ModMic onto the side.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

4 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

will you use them in environments with lots of background noise? Do you intend to use a an AMP or intend to use a LG V20, G7, or V30? Also how much do you care about looks?

Yeah, noise cancellation is something I needs. And no amps or Dacs or anything like that.

17 minutes ago, MaseeGames said:

Yeah, noise cancellation is something I needs. And no amps or Dacs or anything like that.

Ok, that is what I needed to hear, here is a good set from Audio Technica for 80$, it does not come with a case, but at that price you can buy one separately, they are close back and provide excellent passive noise cancelling, they are also closed back and have a 35 Ohm impedance so you don't need an AMP also they are professional studio grade monitor headphones, they are quite rugged, and have a detachable 3.5mm cable so as to prevent the #1 cause of failure (in my experience) of headphones, the failure of a solder joint in the ear cups. Do be fair warned, due to their excellent passive noise cancelling, people often turn the volume up too high on this headset, and therefore give themselves headaches.

59 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Ok, that is what I needed to hear, here is a good set from Audio Technica for 80$, it does not come with a case, but at that price you can buy one separately, they are close back and provide excellent passive noise cancelling, they are also closed back and have a 35 Ohm impedance so you don't need an AMP also they are professional studio grade monitor headphones, they are quite rugged, and have a detachable 3.5mm cable so as to prevent the #1 cause of failure (in my experience) of headphones, the failure of a solder joint in the ear cups. Do be fair warned, due to their excellent passive noise cancelling, people often turn the volume up too high on this headset, and therefore give themselves headaches.

Great choice on the M40X but if you buy these headphones YOU HAVE TO GET the brainwaves HM5 Angled pads the stock pads are horrible and uncomfortable. heres a link to the pads:

https://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Angled-Memory-Foam-Earpad/dp/B00ZY8PGJI/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528776261&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=brainwaves+hm5+angled

6 minutes ago, Tz000 said:

Great choice on the M40X but if you buy these headphones YOU HAVE TO GET the brainwaves HM5 Angled pads the stock pads are horrible and uncomfortable. heres a link to the pads:

https://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Angled-Memory-Foam-Earpad/dp/B00ZY8PGJI/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528776261&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=brainwaves+hm5+angled

Maybe I should consider those for my M20x...

2 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Maybe I should consider those for my M20x...

I know they would help with comfort but I'm unsure what they would do to the sound of the m20x's,..

The pads improve the m40's soundstage and sound signature & comfort obviously.. maybe see if anyone has tried them on m20's before diving in but it could always be worth a try and they could be used on a new set of headphones in the future the hm5 pads are compatible with many headphones.

Cheers.

4 hours ago, MaseeGames said:

I have the sony mdr 100abn, they go for 100 usd used in ebay. good included case, and can be both bluetooth and with a cable, sounds better than my ath 50x and has noise canceling + good battery life. 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL