What Power Supply Would Be Compatible With A Ryzen 7 2700X?

I'm Building A New Video Editing PC And I Need To Know What Power Supplies Are Compatible With My Ryzen 7 2700x

Basically all PSUs are compatible, unless you're talking about some ancient PSU that's 20 years old.

Just get a decent wattage, and something relatively high up the PSU tier list  (it can be found on this forum in the PSU section)

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

52 minutes ago, ShadowBlitz III said:

I'm Building A New Video Editing PC And I Need To Know What Power Supplies Are Compatible With My Ryzen 7 2700x

Depends on the components you have, what the PSU uses and so on.

And just because it may work does not mean you should use that.

Epecially newer hardware with older PSU is a very bad idea...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

3 hours ago, ShadowBlitz III said:

What editing software are you using? If Premiere, get an Intel chip since Premiere Pro now supports Intel Quick Sync, which is way faster for rendering and timeline scrubbing than any CPU with a zillion cores. This is coming from an owner of a 1700X who also uses Premiere Pro.

What are the rest of your system specs? Typically you base the PSU choice off the GPU of the user.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

any 450 watt 80% psu will work.

tdp only 100 watt.

as long as you don't overclock it would be enough.

should be enough to power the cpu + 1 gpu configuration.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

4 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

What editing software are you using? If Premiere, get an Intel chip since Premiere Pro now supports Intel Quick Sync, which is way faster for rendering and timeline scrubbing than any CPU with a zillion cores. This is coming from an owner of a 1700X who also uses Premiere Pro.

What are the rest of your system specs? Typically you base the PSU choice off the GPU of the user.

Here Are The Rest Of My Parts

MOBO - ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming AM4 AMD X470 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

RAM - G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) AMD X370 / B350 Memory (Desktop Memory)

GPU - MSI Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Storage - SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 1TB NVMe PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive

CPU - AMD RYZEN 7 2700X 8-Core 3.7 GHz (4.3 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 105W Desktop Processor

4 hours ago, ShadowBlitz III said:

Here Are The Rest Of My Parts

MOBO - ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming AM4 AMD X470 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

RAM - G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) AMD X370 / B350 Memory (Desktop Memory)

GPU - MSI Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Storage - SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 1TB NVMe PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive

CPU - AMD RYZEN 7 2700X 8-Core 3.7 GHz (4.3 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 105W Desktop Processor

OK, well if you got that system then this Seasonic unit should do fine.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/KmgzK8/seasonic-focus-gold-550w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-550fm

However, again, what software are you using? If you're using Premiere Pro, seriously - get an Intel chip.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

10 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

any 450 watt 80% psu will work.

tdp only 100 watt.

as long as you don't overclock it would be enough.

should be enough to power the cpu + 1 gpu configuration.

TDP is 100W, Max power consumption I have seen on overclocked load is 180W.