How can I use this keyboard in Windows 10?

kelvinhall05

As some of you may know, I recently found a Dell AT101 keyboard at a thrift store for $7, and it works...sort of. I cleaned it up nicely, so now I'd like to use it (not replace my Masterkeys, but occasionally type on it), but it won't work in Windows. I know the obvious "shut down your PC, PS/2 isn't hot-swappable", but that doesn't work. The keyboard works in the BIOS and before my PC starts loading Windows, but once that starts to happen...boom. It stops working. It won't show up in device manager either, any ideas? Thanks!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

12 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

As some of you may know, I recently found a Dell AT101 keyboard at a thrift store for $7, and it works...sort of. I cleaned it up nicely, so now I'd like to use it (not replace my Masterkeys, but occasionally type on it), but it won't work in Windows. I know the obvious "shut down your PC, PS/2 isn't hot-swappable", but that doesn't work. The keyboard works in the BIOS and before my PC starts loading Windows, but once that starts to happen...boom. It stops working. It won't show up in device manager either, any ideas? Thanks!

It could be a driver issue, if you can find the right driver it should work. Or you can go with a ps2 to usb adapter wich usually doesn't require driver