AD700X or PC360

RainbowPee

I have some dollars in my pockets, so I'm on a venture go get some new Headphone/set. By the way, if you pick the AD700X post a mic that I should buy with it.

Thanks.

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

I have the ad700x and a blue snowball and they both work very well, would definitely recommend them. 

I did some researching, and it seems like the AD700X has a poor ID and was meant for people with larger heads. I have a small head, god dammit.

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

I did some researching, and it seems like the AD700X has a poor ID and was meant for people with larger heads. I have a small head, god dammit.

Rubber band mod fixes that.

post-2468-0-69463500-1388155308_thumb.jp

Well that solves all my problems with the AD700X, I hope I'm getting my money's worth.

You should also be able to bend them to improve fit without too big of a risk of damaging them, just do it often enough for headband to shape up gradually ..

(like this much)

60j8p.jpg

The AD700x is great, I just got it and I love it. It fits me perfectly with the rubber band mod, even though my head is not that big. The insides barely touch my ears, which are rather big btw, and I have still to try this mod: http://www.head-fi.org/t/505053/audio-technica-ath-ad700-fit-and-comfort-mod

They sound amazing, very detailed, but be prepared for less bass. While it isn't muddy, it just inst very dominant, it stays nicely in the background.

Reccomended ;)

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

I kept on looking on other forums for more info, and the AD700X seems like its for hardcore FPS competitive gaming. Well, I mostly play strategy games and RPGs with a little bit of FPS on the side. There's this particular I read, and it's Mad Lust Envy's thread on HeadFi forums, explaining the AD700X and PC360 and all sorts of stuff. He mentions that the PC360 has balanced audio and is comfortable ​straight out of the box, which means no silly modifactions. As for the AD700X, he mentions all the casual issues like the poor ID and stuff and raves how good the soundstage is for FPS games. 

Here is the link if you're interested: http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-12-27-2013-mrspeakers-alpha-dog-added

I kept on looking on other forums for more info, and the AD700X seems like its for hardcore FPS competitive gaming. Well, I mostly play strategy games and RPGs with a little bit of FPS on the side. There's this particular I read, and it's Mad Lust Envy's thread on HeadFi forums, explaining the AD700X and PC360 and all sorts of stuff. He mentions that the PC360 has balanced audio and is comfortable ​straight out of the box, which means no silly modifactions. As for the AD700X, he mentions all the casual issues like the poor ID and stuff and raves how good the soundstage is for FPS games.

Here is the link if you're interested: http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-12-27-2013-mrspeakers-alpha-dog-added

The biggest negative about the 360 to me is the padding. I don't own one myself, but dat pleather don't look as nice as typical velour. Going with an HD 558 fixes that nuisance, but I thought the whole reason for proposing the 360 was the mic.

The biggest negative about the 360 to me is the padding. I don't own one myself, but dat pleather don't look as nice as typical velour. Going with an HD 558 fixes that nuisance, but I thought the whole reason for proposing the 360 was the mic.

I've been told that the 360's are just 558 with a cheap mic. Man, I just don't know what to pick.

I've been told that the 360's are just 558 with a cheap mic. Man, I just don't know what to pick.

Depends on your definition of cheap, but that's exactly what they are - except for the padding. :)

The PC 360's don't have pleather ear cuffs, they are velour.

The PC 360's don't have pleather ear cuffs, they are velour.

Gahd Dammit fucking Amazon pictures - you're right.

Gahd Dammit fucking Amazon pictures - you're right.

So I guess the 360's perfect to you then.