32gb installed 16gb usable

Hi I have recently upgraded my Pc.

I have upgraded my RAM , MOBO , and CPU

I am now encountering this error.

any help would be welcomed not sure if it's my win 10 education doesn't support 32gb ram?

2018-06-07_2034.png

Let me know if this works.

1. Click the start menu and type in :Run:

2. Type in :Msconfig: Then press okay

3. Under the “System Configuration Window” click on the “Boot” Tab then click the “Advanced Options” button.

4. At the “BOOT Advanced Options” screen, make sure “Maximum memory” is unchecked then click “OK”.

5. When the “System Configuration” screen returns, click the “Apply” button to save the changes to your settings.

6. Reboot your system then open the “System” window again to verify all the correct amount of RAM is now being recognized.

Please note: this may not solve all RAM issues for people, but it has worked in the past for others for Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10.

64-bit Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education will support up to 2TB of RAM,

Personal Computer Build:

CPU: i7-4790k | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 16GB G. Skill | Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1070 TI Founders Edition | Case: Corsair 750D | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB / Western Digital Black 1TB / Western Digital Blue 1TB | Power Supply: EVGA 750watt SuperNova Gold Rated | Displays: 3 VG248QE 24" 144hz, 1MS | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 | Keyboard: Razer Chroma BlackWidow

2 minutes ago, Tha Joker said:

Let me know if this works.

1. Click the start menu and type in :Run:

2. Type in :Msconfig: Then press okay

3. Under the “System Configuration Window” click on the “Boot” Tab then click the “Advanced Options” button.

4. At the “BOOT Advanced Options” screen, make sure “Maximum memory” is unchecked then click “OK”.

5. When the “System Configuration” screen returns, click the “Apply” button to save the changes to your settings.

6. Reboot your system then open the “System” window again to verify all the correct amount of RAM is now being recognized.

Please note: this may not solve all RAM issues for people, but it has worked in the past for others for Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10.

64-bit Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education will support up to 2TB of RAM,

tried that already, and checked bios for allowed os mem too =(

4 minutes ago, CamTechCorner said:

tried that already, and checked bios for allowed os mem too =(

Hmm.. I would reset your BIOS Settings to factory/default or contact your Motherboard Manufacturer to see if they have a lock on anything about 16GB of RAM.

Personal Computer Build:

CPU: i7-4790k | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 16GB G. Skill | Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1070 TI Founders Edition | Case: Corsair 750D | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB / Western Digital Black 1TB / Western Digital Blue 1TB | Power Supply: EVGA 750watt SuperNova Gold Rated | Displays: 3 VG248QE 24" 144hz, 1MS | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 | Keyboard: Razer Chroma BlackWidow