What is this for?

Jtalk4456
Go to solution Solved by Tha Joker,

It's holding your PCI-E rails in place.

Any ideas? 

20180606_155636.jpg

20180606_155643.jpg

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

bolt - for the side panel Id guess

opening - ???????? daughter board, nic card, wireless card and their antenna's, extra mobo I/O, card reader

is that your windows os code sticker?

Maybe something that gives you access to removing the PCIe brackets 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

It's holding your PCI-E rails in place.

Personal Computer Build:

CPU: i7-4790k | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 16GB G. Skill | Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1070 TI Founders Edition | Case: Corsair 750D | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB / Western Digital Black 1TB / Western Digital Blue 1TB | Power Supply: EVGA 750watt SuperNova Gold Rated | Displays: 3 VG248QE 24" 144hz, 1MS | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 | Keyboard: Razer Chroma BlackWidow

4 hours ago, Canada EH said:

bolt - for the side panel Id guess

opening - ???????? daughter board, nic card, wireless card and their antenna's, extra mobo I/O, card reader

is that your windows os code sticker?

i'm fixing this for a coworker, so not mine, but if you're referencing how long ago that was a practice, I'll let you in that this PC uses a Pentium 4 (originally released in 2000 XD)

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

The child? Free labour. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

5 minutes ago, aki adaki said:

The child? Free labour. 

not really, i let her screw the psu in and she kept turning the wrong way

14 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

not really, i let her screw the psu in and she kept turning the wrong way

righty tighty

lefty loosy

almost all the time

21 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

i'm fixing this for a coworker, so not mine, but if you're referencing how long ago that was a practice, I'll let you in that this PC uses a Pentium 4 (originally released in 2000 XD)

I knew it was old!

10 hours ago, Canada EH said:

righty tighty

lefty loosy

The problem is she got turning it one way, but then it took her a minute to realize to loosen her hand so she could get a new grip without turning the other way. She did eventually figure it out

59 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

The problem is she got turning it one way, but then it took her a minute to realize to loosen her hand so she could get a new grip without turning the other way. She did eventually figure it out

Gotta get 'em spinning wrenches early ;)

Soon she will be under your car, fixing it!

4 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

she will not be under my car. I don't even get under my car. I know NOTHING about mechanics. The only thing I can teach them is change the oil and wheels, the rest is for a professional 

5 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

but i will have them all turning screwdrivers early. She's 2 right now, so i'm on a roll so far with her

3 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

but i will have them all turning screwdrivers early. She's 2 right now, so i'm on a roll so far with her

Gotta start them somewhere.