Cleaning new radiator and cpu block?

Go to solution Solved by sky_shark_101,

I have used Mayhems Blitz for cleaning a loop and never had any problems you can find it here https://www.mayhems.net/collections/cleaning/products/mayhems-blitz-kit. This is what I used when I had the same problem as you with VUE. They are UK based but I believe they ship internationally and/or have suppliers in the US. If you are in the US Primochill do a similar thing called sysprep. 

As for your GPU block I would suggest taking it apart and using a toothbrush and warm water. If you watch Linus' video on cleaning his desk loop that might give you an insight. Also jayz2cents has done several videos that show him cleaning CPU and GPU blocks.

Hey there. 

So my primochill vue almost screwed up my system. Everything is dirty and full of gunk. So i decided to buy new parts from EK. (Because my old parts are crap). 

I bought new cpu block, reservoir/res, radiator, fittings, PETG tubes (first time) and clear coolant. 

Soo.. do i have to clean the parts when they are new? And how should i do that? 

And how can i clean my gpu block the best?

And any hardtube bending tips?

Thanks a lot

20180522_215232.jpg

20180522_230623.jpg

20180522_215308.jpg

20180522_215219.jpg

20180522_215133.jpg

20180522_215243.jpg

11 minutes ago, GregTheChief said:

Hey there. 

So my primochill vue almost screwed up my system. Everything is dirty and full of gunk. So i decided to buy new parts from EK. (Because my old parts are crap). 

I bought new cpu block, reservoir/res, radiator, fittings, PETG tubes (first time) and clear coolant. 

Soo.. do i have to clean the parts when they are new? And how should i do that? 

And how can i clean my gpu block the best?

And any hardtube bending tips?

Thanks a lot

20180522_215232.jpg

20180522_230623.jpg

20180522_215308.jpg

20180522_215219.jpg

20180522_215133.jpg

20180522_215243.jpg

Radiator is a must. EK tells you to not use a strong chemical so just use warm water and rinse the inside of the radiator.

35 minutes ago, H20Burner said:

Radiator is a must. EK tells you to not use a strong chemical so just use warm water and rinse the inside of the radiator.

Should i flush with destilled water afterwards? And the same with the block and pump?

I have used Mayhems Blitz for cleaning a loop and never had any problems you can find it here https://www.mayhems.net/collections/cleaning/products/mayhems-blitz-kit. This is what I used when I had the same problem as you with VUE. They are UK based but I believe they ship internationally and/or have suppliers in the US. If you are in the US Primochill do a similar thing called sysprep. 

As for your GPU block I would suggest taking it apart and using a toothbrush and warm water. If you watch Linus' video on cleaning his desk loop that might give you an insight. Also jayz2cents has done several videos that show him cleaning CPU and GPU blocks.

Edited by sky_shark_101
Additional Information.

I would flush it with some hot water to sterilize it and then with acetone as it removes all water very quickly and then sterile destilled water