Are there any good Android tablets for me?

I am an ultra power user of devices. I dare say I may have the level of use that even our lord and savior Mr. Linus Sebastian does. I want a flipping android tablet so I can prop it up on my Logitech K780 and text, snapchat, telegram, and just add a small touch screen to my 3 monitor + laptop workflow setup. I want something that doesn't suck. I've been at a loss recently. I want something with hardware that AT LEAST matches the power of the stuff in my year and a half old Moto Z Force (Snapdragon 820, Adreno 530, 4GB RAM). I'm just wondering...is this too much to ask? The only "high end" tablet I can find is a Samsung Tab S3, but It's 3/4 of the price I would expect to pay. I WANT to pay the high end price, so I can have a high end device.

Thanks for reading my rant, any suggestions are appreciated.

iPad Pro 10,5".

THIS is a High End device (New iPad Pro expected for september probably, still nothing official).

Yes, you wanted Android. But yes, iPad is the better Product.

You have the Support via iOS (good optimized for Tablet mode), you have an incredible App selection that are actually really damn good. You have a performance, no Android Tablet will match even in late 2018~. This also comes from the 120Hz Display, which will feel smoother than anything you can find on Android.

Problem with "very high priced high end" Android Tablets for 500-600+ bucks: it's Android. You will pretty much get updates for 1-2 years, then it will kidna stop. Not Samsung, not Huawei care for their Tablets as much as they do on their Smartphone Flaggships - and you know that even there they are worse than iOS.

Just look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, now 2 3/4 years old, almost 3. It runs at Android 7.0 as the latest Version, which came out 1 year after Launch. It took long to bring it, and then 8.0 was already there, no plans getting an update. 

This will happen with an Tab S3 too (it already now got reduced to security patches all 3 months instead of every month).

Huawei M5 (Pro) is your best bet, but the Pro is quite oversized. You pay for the Pen support, which you don't want to use?! 

M5 and M5 Pro are 99% identical. Only worth mentioning difference is the Stylus + Digitizer feature in Display. And the M5 costs <400 bucks - and yes, its one of the best Android Tablets right now.

EDIT: M5 Pro also has a "Desktop Mode" when paired with a keyboard (or only the Huawei Keyboard?!), if that matters.

Still inferior to an iPad Pro overall tho.

So, TL;DR: If you really insist on Android, whatever the reason, Huawei M5. Pro only, if you want to make use of the digitizer (Drawing/art, taking Notes (OneNote) etc).

Otherwise, really think about what Android offers, that iOS doesn't - and how much you need it.

iPad Pro 10,5", despite beeing a year old now, will be faster, smoother, better/more apps which are better optimized for Tablet size, better Split screen (i found it at least superior to stock 8.1 Android. Pixel C), etc.

Edit: Before you think i'm an apple fanboy, no. i'm an android guy. Been using Android since 2010 (motorola Milestone), and still strongly prefer Android for multiple Reasons. But while it's great on Smarpthones... it's not really helpful on Tablets.

Unless you'e a lot of expensive apps in Android, or regularly use emulation for your gaming, an iPad is probably the better bet.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

9 hours ago, Darkseth said:

iPad Pro 10,5".

THIS is a High End device (New iPad Pro expected for september probably, still nothing official).

Yes, you wanted Android. But yes, iPad is the better Product.

You have the Support via iOS (good optimized for Tablet mode), you have an incredible App selection that are actually really damn good. You have a performance, no Android Tablet will match even in late 2018~. This also comes from the 120Hz Display, which will feel smoother than anything you can find on Android.

Problem with "very high priced high end" Android Tablets for 500-600+ bucks: it's Android. You will pretty much get updates for 1-2 years, then it will kidna stop. Not Samsung, not Huawei care for their Tablets as much as they do on their Smartphone Flaggships - and you know that even there they are worse than iOS.

Just look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, now 2 3/4 years old, almost 3. It runs at Android 7.0 as the latest Version, which came out 1 year after Launch. It took long to bring it, and then 8.0 was already there, no plans getting an update. 

This will happen with an Tab S3 too (it already now got reduced to security patches all 3 months instead of every month).

Huawei M5 (Pro) is your best bet, but the Pro is quite oversized. You pay for the Pen support, which you don't want to use?! 

M5 and M5 Pro are 99% identical. Only worth mentioning difference is the Stylus + Digitizer feature in Display. And the M5 costs <400 bucks - and yes, its one of the best Android Tablets right now.

EDIT: M5 Pro also has a "Desktop Mode" when paired with a keyboard (or only the Huawei Keyboard?!), if that matters.

Still inferior to an iPad Pro overall tho.

So, TL;DR: If you really insist on Android, whatever the reason, Huawei M5. Pro only, if you want to make use of the digitizer (Drawing/art, taking Notes (OneNote) etc).

Otherwise, really think about what Android offers, that iOS doesn't - and how much you need it.

iPad Pro 10,5", despite beeing a year old now, will be faster, smoother, better/more apps which are better optimized for Tablet size, better Split screen (i found it at least superior to stock 8.1 Android. Pixel C), etc.

Edit: Before you think i'm an apple fanboy, no. i'm an android guy. Been using Android since 2010 (motorola Milestone), and still strongly prefer Android for multiple Reasons. But while it's great on Smarpthones... it's not really helpful on Tablets.

That sir, is an answer! I completely agree, the reason I'm after something android is because, it's google and it would just fit with my currently setup/workflow better. I agree that Apple is currently making the best tablets. IMO Samsung is the best android tablet, but I have a 7 year long feud with Samsung at this point. I guess I'll just make my own (lol)