1050ti vs wx 2100 for 3D modeling/ rendering

Go to solution Solved by Zodiark1593,
20 minutes ago, JohhnyBravo said:

my current rig has: i7-7500 / Gtx 1050ti mini / 16 gigs of ram. I'm curious about whether or not i would see any noticeable performance increase if i switched to a cheap ass workstation card like the Radeon Pro wx 2100 (or comparable nvidia card). my assumption is that a 3100 should definitely give better performance (i would hope so anyway ) but would a 35 watt card built specifically for content creation beat a gaming card with double the ram and a bit more raw horse power?

Depends on the program. Programs like Maya or Blender won't give two *expletives* about what you're running so long as you'e plenty of compute and memory on hand. For these, a few 1080TIs would be far more optimal a configuration than a single high end workstation card.

Programs such as AutoCAD can be a bit pickier however.

my current rig has: i5-7500 / Gtx 1050ti mini / 16 gigs of ram. I'm curious about whether or not i would see any noticeable performance increase if i switched to a cheap ass workstation card like the Radeon Pro wx 2100 (or comparable nvidia card). my assumption is that a 3100 should definitely give better performance (i would hope so anyway ) but would a 35 watt card built specifically for content creation beat a gaming card with double the ram and a bit more raw horse power?

not actually looking to buy a wx 2100 btw, just curious how it would stack up to my current card.

my current rig has: i7-7500 / Gtx 1050ti mini / 16 gigs of ram. I'm curious about whether or not i would see any noticeable performance increase if i switched to a cheap ass workstation card like the Radeon Pro wx 2100 (or comparable nvidia card). my assumption is that a 3100 should definitely give better performance (i would hope so anyway ) but would a 35 watt card built specifically for content creation beat a gaming card with double the ram and a bit more raw horse power?

Depends entirely on the program and if the workstation card is optimized for it.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Depends on the program. Programs like Maya or Blender won't give two *expletives* about what you're running so long as you'e plenty of compute and memory on hand. For these, a few 1080TIs would be far more optimal a configuration than a single high end workstation card.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

lmao yes I meant the i5 7500

15 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

that doesn't exist. i assume you meant i5-7500?

15 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Blender is really the only one I use so that's what I had in mind, sorry for not clarifying that. so the answer is "It Depends" interesting. thank you!

33 minutes ago, JohhnyBravo said:

Blender is really the only one I use so that's what I had in mind, sorry for not clarifying that. so the answer is "It Depends" interesting. thank you!

blender doesn't care about quadros/firepro's for most things. A geoforce/radeon is what you want here.