MasterLiquid ML240R Fan noise

hi! 

im new to these forums and i need some advice/help so im gonna copy paste what i wrote on the coolermaster forum.

so i just build my new PC (at the writing of this post my PC is abit over a day old) and i decided to go with  MasterLiquid ML240R everything worked fine untill i decided to run the Fan optimzer in the Bios (asus motherboard)

after that my Fans for the Radiator has have been making this noise https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QaUPdXOz1U5P1mkkJxaZOmS0suyIN8p9/view?usp=sharing (this is it running at full speed so the sound can be heard better but its also there at lower speeds) i have allready written to the customer support about the issue but i would also like other people's opinion of this. are the fans busted or can i fix this somehow? i did change the options in the BIOS back to default

the Fan optimizer

fan optimizer? more like fan killer

sounds like the voltage is fluctuating wildly in there and that's why the motor makes that noise

disconnect the fans and disable that asap, then manually set the fans to some static RPM (let's say 700) via BIOS

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Drop the fans, i had the exact same problem (check my profile history). I threw the fans away because they re shit. I bought used noctua fans and havent got any problembs since.

I had the ML240L RGB.

There is nothing you can do man, i RMA'd them, try to lubircate it, i tried everything and eventually threw them away

5 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

fan optimizer? more like fan killer

sounds like the voltage is fluctuating wildly in there and that's why the motor makes that noise

disconnect the fans and disable that asap, then manually set the fans to some static RPM (let's say 700) via BIOS

i did allready set it back to Default tho so that should not be a problem? (im a newbie this is my first build and only issue i got is the fans)

2 minutes ago, Carbide X said:

Drop the fans, i had the exact same problem (check my profile history). I threw the fans away because they re shit. I bought used noctua fans and havent got any problembs since.

I had the ML240L RGB.

There is nothing you can do man, i RMA'd them, try to lubircate it, i tried everything and eventually threw them away

yeah thats also what i've been seeing. i ordered the MF120R just to have some fans! could i get you to link me the ones you have?

2 minutes ago, nethari0n said:

yeah thats also what i've been seeing. i ordered the MF120R just to have some fans! could i get you to link me the ones you have?

Why would you buy the same fans ????

I bought used NF-P12 for like 15 euro, so i was pretty lucky.

Id recommend getting the NF-F12. They are really ugly but damn are they good, i set mine to 1200 rpm and cant here a thing

1 minute ago, Carbide X said:

I bought used NF-P12 for like 15 euro, so i was pretty lucky.

Id recommend getting the NF-F12. They are really ugly but damn are they good, i set mine to 1200 rpm and cant here a thing

thanks a ton! they are actually pretty cheap here so guess im lucky! gonna pick those up tomorrow instead then!

the default preset also uses a sort of auto control for the fans, since UEFI new mobos are bloated with useless stuff regarding to fan control, find a way to force X speed or use a 3pin to molex adapter

if the motors were damaged you'll need new fans

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

5 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

the default preset also uses a sort of auto control for the fans, since UEFI new mobos are bloated with useless stuff regarding to fan control, find a way to force X speed or use a 3pin to molex adapter

if the motors were damaged you'll need new fans

the noise is also there at lower speeds so i think i broke the motor's by using the "fan killer"

so update. i replaced the fans but sound is still there and i have not gotten a response from cooler master yet