Voltage rise overclock risks

Hello everyone,

I would know in what way increasing voltage can be damage the gpu.

I increased the voltage to +114 with trixx, to stabilize the core and memory clock. Then I tried +124 and I saw the hair of the game carachter start moving like crazy, so I resetted the settings to stock clock. 

Did I possibly damaged my graphic card rx 570? 

The temperature was low like 65- 67 degree with fans at 80%.

Can you advice me a good overclock for my rx 570 4gb please?

Thank you very much.

Most of the time the issue with increasing voltage is heat, though there is a level at which it's too much for the chip. Yours sounds fine though, healthy temperatures. I might even argue the hair may have been unrelated to your overclock.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

Your card is probably fine, once you start seeing artifacting just dial it back down to the point where the card was working fine. Once you find a safe point where the card seems stable, run a stress test like Furmark overnight to ensure it won't crash.

Unless you go insane, voltage rarely damages chips, its heat that kils them.

For example a 780's stock voltage should be around 1v, iv pushed through 1.5v without damage to try and stabilize an OC, ultimatly i found my chips max frequency regardless of voltage, but even that required 1.425v. I run the chip at 1.212 daily, and would have no issue running at 1.425v if i could save that voltage setting so it booted with it every time, alass thats not possible.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your answers,

I would asking too, what happen if you increase the voltage more than 1.425v and the temperature are under the 80 degree celsius?

I mean with overvolting can you damage the gpu just by the heat or there's another factor that can damage the gpu with high overvolting? (maybe the gpu could be not projected for a too high voltage, so you risk damaging the card even if the temperature are 70 degree).

With trixx the max voltage actually I used is +108 mV for stabilize the core clock to 1500 mhz. Now i'm using +96 mV, for safe reason, and I have a core clock of 1485 mhz on my rx 570. My goal is try to overvolting until +144 mV to increase the core clock to 1550 mhz. What do you think about it? If the temperature are under 80 degree.

I'm scared too that if I increase the voltage to +144 mV, the moment I apply that setting, the temperature rise can be so fast that I can damage my gpu istantly.

For last, can you please help me figure out if the temperature of the memory clock could almost the same of the core clock? Because I can't detect these temperature with any program, and my motherboard has no sensor about it. My memory clock is 2225 mhz.

Thank you so much for your help. Have a nice day.