can i run sli?

2 minutes ago, meme_slave_ said:

and i want sli

What are you expecting from SLI?

I'll give you a hint, it's not double the power, and a lot of games have difficulty with SLI, to the point it actually reduces performance...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

I'll give you a hint, it's not double the power, and a lot of games have difficulty with SLI, to the point it actually reduces performance...

uhhh ok dude i just asked if it would work or not

It will work with any 1080 Ti However, know that the fastest card will have to lower its clock speed to match the slower card's clock.

Also make sure you have an SLI bridge, you will need that.

Just now, Christophe Corazza said:

It will work with any 1080 Ti However, know that the fastest card will have to lower its clock speed to match the slower card's clock.

Also make sure you have an SLI bridge, you will need that.

ty my dude

Just now, meme_slave_ said:

its a small bit faster is that ok?

That's perfectly fine.

As I've mentioned, the SLI setup will run at the speed of the slowest card.

You’ll need soft bridges. Pretty sure that card is taller. So according to nvidia, no 4K or 5k. Or it’s just limited performance wise. It can still be done and all. 

Supposedly it’s just a few FPS though. 

So you’ll fine.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

2 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

You’ll need soft bridges. Pretty sure that card is taller. So according to nvidia, no 4K or 5k. Or it’s just limited performance wise. It can still be done and all. 

Supposedly it’s just a few FPS though. 

So you’ll fine.

crap guess iil wait for founders addtion price to come down

5 minutes ago, meme_slave_ said:

crap guess iil wait for founders addtion price to come down

I mean it’s just a few FPS. Ltt have videos on it. I wouldn’t worry bout it. I use a standard bridge on my 1080’s. The bridge is the last concern in my systems. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 minute ago, Mick Naughty said:

I mean it’s just a few FPS. Ltt have videos on it. I wouldn’t worry bout it. I use a standard bridge on my 1080’s. The bridge is the last concern in my systems. 

idk what to do with this conflicting info lmao

also i am not calling you out

No conflicting about it. Are you gonna chase 3 FPS? Overclocking will make up for that. Same with having another card. 

Just now, Mick Naughty said:

No conflicting about it. Are you gonna chase 3 FPS? Overclocking will make up for that. Same with having another card. 

oHHH i thought you ment few fps  for just one card like if i got 60 fps now i thought you said i would get 50 fps

19 minutes ago, meme_slave_ said:

@Mick Naughty did not say anything that conflicted with the information I gave earlier though :)

1 hour ago, meme_slave_ said:

uhhh ok dude i just asked if it would work or not

Because that's a lot of money to drop on a card that doesn't really improve anything, hence giving you fair warning. A lot of people seem to think 2xvideo cards mean 2x performance and that's simply not true

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

It can, its scenario based. Not everyone wants twice the performance. Single cards are still too weak. No reason not to get two if they are gonna work.

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Because that's a lot of money to drop on a card that doesn't really improve anything, hence giving you fair warning. A lot of people seem to think 2xvideo cards mean 2x performance and that's simply not true

@meme_slave_ Performance does indeed not scale linearly with the amount of graphics cards in your system.

The possibility even exists that one might experience a performance drop, since not all games support SLI.

And the ones that do, might not be optimised to the fullest to make use of it.

4 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

2 hours ago, Christophe Corazza said:

@meme_slave_ Performance does indeed not scale linearly with the amount of graphics cards in your system.

The possibility even exists that one might experience a performance drop, since not all games support SLI.

And the ones that do, might not be optimised to the fullest to make use of it.

with sli you must learn another side of tweaking with nvidia inspector

just like overclocking is a game on how to gain performance so is nvidia inspector, yes not always are going to gain much just like overclocking but does relieve negative scaling in games where many say it hurts

not sure if both of you even tried inspector

20 minutes ago, pas008 said:

with sli you must learn another side of tweaking with nvidia inspector

just like overclocking is a game on how to gain performance so is nvidia inspector, yes not always are going to gain much just like overclocking but does relieve negative scaling in games where many say it hurts

not sure if both of you even tried inspector

You still won't get 2x the performance, and there are many games that don't support SLI worth a damn. I stand by my original assertion.

Never used nvidia inspector for sli purposes. Guess I’ve been missing out these past 10 years. 

Like everying else, it’s gonna be preference and scenario based. 

Just like using my two old cards over a 1080, better frames and frame times. Kinda the point and all. Or using two 1080s because one isn’t enough, ie too weak. 

Two cards won't always equal to better frametimes. I.E, if you're capped at Fast Sync around 120 FPS, and if both cards get 120 FPS, the SLi setup will have worse frametimes than single card. SLi adds latency.

Yea a lot of if’s. Scenario based, been said countless times. 

Dont think anyone said anything about doubling performance. 

Nor has latency ever been an issue. The same as capping frames at that point.