1080p 144hz Gaming

Triniz
Go to solution Solved by Christophe Corazza,
13 minutes ago, Triniz said:

I can minus using a SSD, i know its much faster than a regular mechanical HDD but i don't think it will impact gaming as much (Correct me if i'm wrong, If so this can be installed after).

Using an SSD is benificial when loading the game, provided that your system has a sufficient amount of RAM.

If you want to build a gaming PC, you should state a bit more information like your budget, the games that you're going to play etc.

What would it take to build a gaming desktop that can run games in 1080p at 144hz.

Also im looking to save money but still keep performance 

There's a big difference between running the game Minecraft and running the game GTA V. Which games do you want your PC to be able to run in 1080p at 144hz?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Generally, I would go for a CPU with 3.5-4.0+ GHz.  For 1080p, a 1060 should be fine.  Maybe a 1070 if you have the budget, but wait for next-gen cards.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

Keep in mind if you're shooting for a constant 144fps that you'll need to drop settings down on even some of the more powerful GPUs.  

I run a GTX 1080 and usually keep the settings at max for most games.  This does mean settling with closer to 60fps in some of the more demanding games but I still enjoy 100+ in many games.

Okay tbh, I can minus using a SSD, i know its much faster than a regular mechanical HDD but i don't think it will impact gaming as much (Correct me if i'm wrong, If so this can be installed after).

And when i say gaming i play LoL mostly but i'd also like to play most new AAA games out now and upcoming, i'm not sure if i can 144hz in AAA titles at build that's not too costly but i'm getting a 1080p 144hz monitor and would like to get the most out of it at a good price.(Hope this help better with suggestions)

ssd wont impact gaming much, but i still think its mandatory for all computer builds 

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

13 minutes ago, Triniz said:

I can minus using a SSD, i know its much faster than a regular mechanical HDD but i don't think it will impact gaming as much (Correct me if i'm wrong, If so this can be installed after).

Using an SSD is benificial when loading the game, provided that your system has a sufficient amount of RAM.

If you want to build a gaming PC, you should state a bit more information like your budget, the games that you're going to play etc.

4 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

I mention the type of games i would be playing above, lets say on the PC/Tower itself i'll be working with a budget of $800-$900USD