Challenge: Use the Smallest Fan to cool an entire PC

Nardella

So I just saw this video about a tiny 10mm fan (the host mentioned 8mm fans too). If I had money to burn (or was an LMG employee) I would want to try to build a mid to high end gaming PC air cooled entirely with these fans. I have some ideas on how to make that work and would love to see someone give it a go. An alternative would be to try with larger but still very small fans, perhaps 25mm or even 40mm?

20 minutes ago, Nardella said:

So I just saw this video about a tiny 10mm fan (the host mentioned 8mm fans too). If I had money to burn (or was an LMG employee) I would want to try to build a mid to high end gaming PC air cooled entirely with these fans. I have some ideas on how to make that work and would love to see someone give it a go. An alternative would be to try with larger but still very small fans, perhaps 25mm or even 40mm?

This can be done fairly easily, assuming you make the entire case one giant passive cooling heatsink. I think this has been done before, a youtube video springs to mind.

Or dump the whole 'board into a vat of mineral oil (I've seen YT vids on this as well) for maximum heat dispersion.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

9 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

This can be done fairly easily, assuming you make the entire case one giant passive cooling heatsink. I think this has been done before, a youtube video springs to mind.

Or dump the whole 'board into a vat of mineral oil (I've seen YT vids on this as well) for maximum heat dispersion.

I guess a rule should be added, use only COTS air coolers not intended to be used for passive cooling.