Will the Asus P6T (not special edition!) support the Xeon X5660?

Will my old asus P6T motherboard support the xeon X5660? Asus does not include in supported cpu's but it als says that the P6T SE doesn't support it and it does i've seen it working.

Can anyone confirm thankyou!

31 minutes ago, Qwertic said:

Will my old asus P6T motherboard support the xeon X5660? Asus does not include in supported cpu's but it als says that the P6T SE doesn't support it and it does i've seen it working.

http://www.overclock.net/forum/5-intel-cpus/1601026-overclocking-xeon-x5670-asus-p6t.html

I just can't seem to find a source that i can trust

@Catsrules do you have any idee?

Unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge about this to give you a reliable answer. 

But here are my thoughts from the post you linked it looks like someone has it working. Although there was no mention if the user had to do anything speshiel to get it working. But I would say there is a good chance it will work. The only different between the X5670 and X5660 is the speed so I don't see a reason why the X5660 won't work if a X5670 works.

Supported CPUs are just CPUs that Asus has tested with the motherboard and have designed around. Basically it is a list of hardware that Asus garrentees will work with the motherboard. And It is you best chance of getting a working rock solid system.

But just because it isn't on the list doesn't mean that it won't work.

6 minutes ago, Catsrules said:

Unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge about this to give you a reliable answer. 

But here are my thoughts from the post you linked it looks like someone has it working. Although there was no mention if the user had to do anything speshiel to get it working. But I would say there is a good chance it will work. The only different between the X5670 and X5660 is the speed so I don't see a reason why the X5660 won't work if a X5670 works.

Supported CPUs are just CPUs that Asus has tested with the motherboard and have designed around. Basically it is a list of hardware that Asus garrentees will work with the motherboard. And It is you best chance of getting a working rock solid system.

But just because it isn't on the list doesn't mean that it won't work.

Thank you for helping me. I have a strong feeling that this will work and if it doesnt I already made an arangment with the dealer to send it back he had no problem with taking it back.

1 minute ago, Qwertic said:

Thank you for helping me. I have a strong feeling that this will work and if it doesnt I already made an arangment with the dealer to send it back he had no problem with taking it back.

That is good just to be on the safe side of things,

But I agree bet it will work just fine. 

• 1 year later...

Any luck with this? I have the same exact situation here too, but with a x5670.