Can you mine with gtx 1060 3gb

yugi8264

Someone told me that you can't mine with 1060 3gb is that true. That person is selling me the card for 150

you can mine with any gpu its just not as efficent per $ then amd for mining tasks

3 minutes ago, yugi8264 said:

Someone told me that you can't mine with 1060 3gb is that true. That person is selling me the card for 150

Yes you can. Just not Ethereum, but it will currently bring in $2-3 a day at current rates.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

8 minutes ago, yugi8264 said:

either way a 1060 3gb for 150 is a good deal assuming it works properly and isnt fucked up 

11 minutes ago, yugi8264 said:

you can't mine ethereum i think - not sure, but you will be able to mine zCash and equihash algo coins. which are WAY more profitable on nvidia cards than mining ethereum. i wanted to see what mining was so i tried it, used to get $5 a day with mining zcash on a gtx 1080, and around 2 mining ethereum, iv'e stopped mining since then. seen profitability is extremely low right now. thats probably the reason the guy is selling the card. for $150 he has probably mined on it.

10 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Yes you can. Just not Ethereum, but it will currently bring in $2-3 a day at current rates.

2-3? my 1080 can get less than 2 mining on equihash lol. i dont mine now :/

You can mine with your gtx 1060 3GB card but I do not recommend doing so.  

1 hour ago, HK1 said:

2-3? my 1080 can get less than 2 mining on equihash lol. i dont mine now :/

That's using nicehash to mine lyra2rev2

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

wait so i can still get 2-3 with equihash?

28 minutes ago, HK1 said:

wait so i can still get 2-3 with equihash?

Oh wait nevermind it's  more like 1.5-2 for the 1060...My mistake, but a 1070 might be able to hit 2-3

5 hours ago, yugi8264 said:

5 hours ago, SpiralTTGL said:

you can mine with any gpu its just not as efficent per $ then amd for mining tasks

Perhaps that's the reason why this person is selling the card for only $150... he figured out that mining with a 1060 isn't efficient xD

44 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Perhaps that's the reason why this person is selling the card for only $150... he figured out that mining with a 1060 isn't efficient xD

Will it last long if it was a minning card

6 minutes ago, yugi8264 said:

Will it last long if it was a minning card

Nope, definitely not. Poor mining cards die young :-(

Mining is actually one of the worst things you can do to a GPU. Having it constanty crunching code at 100% (or even overclocked), therefore running hot in a poorly ventilated/bad airflow environment.

1 hour ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Nope, definitely not. Poor mining cards die young :-(

Mining is actually one of the worst things you can do to a GPU. Having it constanty crunching code at 100% (or even overclocked), therefore running hot in a poorly ventilated/bad airflow environment.

Since it is the evga one if it dies it should still have 1 year of transferable warranty

1 hour ago, yugi8264 said:

Since it is the evga one if it dies it should still have 1 year of transferable warranty

OK, if you are going that route... yes you should still have warranty. But for me personally, I would never buy a GPU if I knew it was a mining card in its previous life.

There are just some coins that use a algorithm that require more V-ram, you should be fine on most