RX 460 crossfire

Aqs
Go to solution Solved by Santo22,

I've run R9 270's in Crossfire. It helps with nothing. Yes they are older cards, but the same theory applies. Crossfire/SLI is almost never supported. I can tell you from experience with many Crossfire/SLI set ups, it is almost (99%) never worth it. You may, MAY, pick up a few more FPS in SOME games, but what you get in issues with other games, like stuttering, makes it completely not worth it. If you can sell the card you have and invest in an 480/580 or a 1060 you will be much happier. 

Hello guys , i read everywhere about crossfire those two cards is bad , i already have an rx 460 2gb and a ryzen 5 1500x and i really want to know from the guys with crossfire  if it's worth it and how it behave in big new-ish games like assassin origins or something similar to graphics , does those games have stuttering,crashes... and how much performance u got with it , also can i put one card to play games and the orther card to another monitor and play another game there with second graphic card ?

The game uses that Ubisoft engine which has problems with CrossFire, like horrible performance. Siege also suffers from the same issue. What's more, two RX 460s don't make much sense.

If you're after FreeSync, pick up an RX 580. If not, consider some Nvidia options as well.

8 minutes ago, Motifator said:

The game uses that Ubisoft engine which has problems with CrossFire, like horrible performance. Siege also suffers from the same issue. What's more, two RX 460s don't make much sense.

If you're after FreeSync, pick up an RX 580. If not, consider some Nvidia options as well.

So what orther games u tryed to play except ac origins ?

9 minutes ago, Aqs said:

I've never tried playing games on a Radeon card. But @Motifator is correct, two RX 560s doesn't make much sense.

Also take into account that AC: Origins is pretty badly optimized for PC, so you're not gonna be able to run it very smoothly for some time.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

10 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I've never tried playing games on a Radeon card. But @Motifator is correct, two RX 560s doesn't make much sense.

Also take into account that AC: Origins is pretty badly optimized for PC, so you're not gonna be able to run it very smoothly for some time.

Thank you for trying to help me and i dont want to look arogant but i expected someone who have/had crossfire with rx 460 not someone who didint even have radeon graphics to give me advice ;)

Just now, Aqs said:

Thank you for trying to help me and i dont want to look arogant but i expected someone who have/had crossfire with rx 460 not someone who didint even have radeon graphics to give me advice ;)

No worries.

I do own a Radeon graphics card, just don't use it for gaming.

The RX 560 isn't a very powerful card though. It's usually better to buy one higher-end card rather than two lower-end cards. This remains true for both Nvidia and AMD, especially in this day and age when multi-GPU setups aren't really worth it anymore.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

No worries.

The RX 560 isn't a very powerful card though. It's usually better to buy one higher-end card rather than two lower-end cards. This remains true for both Nvidia and AMD, especially in this day and age when multi-GPU setups aren't really worth it anymore.

Yea crossfire/sli never was a thing and always just buy a better card , but i expect AAA games to support crossfire/sli and at least 30% more performance , i dont wanna buy another graphic card cause i dont play very often and the gpu's price is very bad , but i really want to try new aaa games like The crew 2 / Shadow of the Tomb Raider / Planet Alpha / Far cry 5 / Battlefield 2 ... etc , and there are cheap rx 460 second hand

So , nobody have rx 460 crossfire or just no one respond to "old" topics?

I've run R9 270's in Crossfire. It helps with nothing. Yes they are older cards, but the same theory applies. Crossfire/SLI is almost never supported. I can tell you from experience with many Crossfire/SLI set ups, it is almost (99%) never worth it. You may, MAY, pick up a few more FPS in SOME games, but what you get in issues with other games, like stuttering, makes it completely not worth it. If you can sell the card you have and invest in an 480/580 or a 1060 you will be much happier. 

Current System: MoonLightRyzen

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x @ 3.9ghz  Board: Asus ROG C6H  Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 3000mhz  Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC in SLI M.2: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb x2 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB and 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM850x White  Cooler: XSPC/Phanteks Custom Loop 

Backup System: RedDragonV3.0

FX-8350 @ 4.7ghz, Asus TUF Sabertooth 990fx r3.0, MSI GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X, Crucial Balistix Tracer 32gb, M.2 Samsung 960 Evo 250,

Seagate Firecudda 2tb, Seagate Barracuda 2tb, NZXT S340 Elite White, Kraken X62, Corsair RM750x, Hue+

On 5/29/2018 at 6:49 AM, Aqs said:

On 5/29/2018 at 7:17 AM, Crunchy Dragon said:

No worries.

In 2018, I can count the number of new major games coming out with CrossFire and SLI support on one hand if at all.

@Aqs If you need more performance then I'd advise selling the RX 460 2GB and buying an RX 480 or RX 580 considering they seem to be coming down in price in most countries (although apparently not in Canada).

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),