Will these headphones be good for gaming/music/videos?

I'd look into senheiser. I've had a pair for several years and they've served me well. 

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, Abyss Gaming said:

I want closed though so with that in mind would you recommend them?

Don't buy the 598 closed I don't think they are as good as the open version... 

If you looking for closed the DT 770s are good but another option would be:

Audio-Technica ATH-M40X with Brainwaves HM5 ANGLED ear pads (links below).  The M40's are more fun for games and a variety of music (slightly more bass) where as the 770's I tried sounded a little anemic for shooting games etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M40x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR54/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1527560401&sr=8-4&keywords=ath+m40x&dpID=41gFqXe5oBL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

https://www.amazon.com/BRAINWAVZ-Angled-Memory-Foam-Earpad/dp/B00ZY8PGJI/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1527560427&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=brainwavez+hm5+pads

Cheers.

1 minute ago, Tz000 said:

Don't buy the 598 closed I don't think they are as good as the open version... 

If you looking for closed the DT 770s are good but another option would be:

Audio-Technica ATH-M40X with Brainwaves HM5 ANGLED ear pads (links below).  The M40's are more fun for games and a variety of music (slightly more bass) where as the 770's I tried sounded a little anemic for shooting games etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M40x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR54/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1527560401&sr=8-4&keywords=ath+m40x&dpID=41gFqXe5oBL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

https://www.amazon.com/BRAINWAVZ-Angled-Memory-Foam-Earpad/dp/B00ZY8PGJI/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1527560427&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=brainwavez+hm5+pads

Cheers.

Are the M40x comfortable though? I've seen mixed reviews on that part

32 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

No experience with them but i believe the only downside is the original earpads, which is why the brainwavez earpads were suggested as replacement which should make them extremely comfortable. They are suggested everytime ive seen the m40x’s mentioned

31 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

M40x with the stock pads are basically unusable, very uncomfortable and they don't seal well at all.

M40x with the Angled Hm5 pads are a totally different story, the pads help with isolation and soundstage issues and improve the comfort drastically. I can wear these for 4-5 hours no problem.  They are just as comfortable as my HD 558's or XPT 100's.   

If your looking for a very neutral headphone that is very comfortable out of the box but the build quality isn't as good as the M40 are the NVX XPT 100's or Brainwaves HM5's not as "fun" as the m40x but a great headphone non the less.

Good luck with whatever you purchase!  Feel free to ask any questions I own all the headphones I have talked about here.

cheers.

5 minutes ago, Tz000 said:

M40x with the stock pads are basically unusable, very uncomfortable and they don't seal well at all.

M40x with the Angled Hm5 pads are a totally different story, the pads help with isolation and soundstage issues and improve the comfort drastically. I can wear these for 4-5 hours no problem.  They are just as comfortable as my HD 558's or XPT 100's.   

If your looking for a very neutral headphone that is very comfortable out of the box but the build quality isn't as good as the M40 are the NVX XPT 100's or Brainwaves HM5's not as "fun" as the m40x but a great headphone non the less.

Good luck with whatever you purchase!  Feel free to ask any questions I own all the headphones I have talked about here.

cheers.

Would you recommend the M40x over the DT 770? I can also afford a m50x if its much better.

If you want comfortable, SHP9500s. You can get them on newegg on sale for like $60, but they're some of the better sounding open back headphones compared to $100 price points.

13 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Would you recommend the M40x over the DT 770? I can also afford a m50x if its much better.

If you going to use them for everything I would go for the M40x.  They are also great for traveling as they fold up really nicely.

DO NOT BUY THE M50x heres why:

Just because something is more expensive doesn't mean its "better"

Also with the M40x you get removable cable, wireless adapters (sold separate link below) and overall just a more versatile headphone.

Cheers!\

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Adapter-Amplifier-Technica-ATH-M40x/dp/B075MNL9VG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527564035&sr=8-1&keywords=m40x+bluetooth 

I have not tried the wireless adapter so I cannot say if its good or not but its cool non the less ;) haha

1 minute ago, Tz000 said:

If you going to use them for everything I would go for the M40x.  They are also great for traveling as they fold up really nicely.

DO NOT BUY THE M50x heres why:

Just because something is more expensive doesn't mean its "better"

Also with the M40x you get removable cable, wireless adapters (sold separate link below) and overall just a more versatile headphone.

Cheers!\

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Adapter-Amplifier-Technica-ATH-M40x/dp/B075MNL9VG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527564035&sr=8-1&keywords=m40x+bluetooth 

I have not tried the wireless adapter so I cannot say if its good or not but its cool non the less ;) haha

I don't care for the portability aspect at all these will purely be for my desk. Including the earpads the dt770s and the m40x will cost around the same. With that in mind what would you say?

19 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

I don't care for the portability aspect at all these will purely be for my desk. Including the earpads the dt770s and the m40x will cost around the same. With that in mind what would you say?

I have limited experience with the 770's...  I have played maybe an hour of CSGO with them and listened to a few songs... 

Within that time I found gun shots/explosions to be anemic and almost harsh sounding but the soundstage/positional audio( footsteps etc ) was good so it really depends what your mainly using them for...  

770's reminded me of my HD 558's they are fantastic for rock, classical, jazz, country and highly competitive gaming (to hear footsteps etc).

But for rap, hip hop, edm or those genres with extended bass frequencies or games with lots of explosions I feel the m40x is just a more of a fun less fatiguing  headphone to have on your head/listen to.. its does everything really well so if you were to have ONE pair of headphones I would go M40x w/ the angled pads.

Out of my 3 pairs of headphones the M40x get used the most if that says anything..

Mind you that might change when my Senn. HD 6XX from massdrop arrive soon but those are open back so I will still have a use for the M40x when I need the isolation.

Maybe someone else can chime in with experience with the 770's hopefully this was helpful.

6 minutes ago, Tz000 said:

I have limited experience with the 770's...  I have played maybe an hour of CSGO with them and listened to a few songs... 

Within that time I found gun shots/explosions to be anemic and almost harsh sounding but the soundstage/positional audio( footsteps etc ) was good so it really depends what your mainly using them for...  

770's reminded me of my HD 558's they are fantastic for rock, classical, jazz, country and highly competitive gaming (to hear footsteps etc).

But for rap, hip hop, edm or those genres with extended bass frequencies or games with lots of explosions I feel the m40x is just a more of a fun less fatiguing  headphone to have on your head/listen to.. its does everything really well so if you were to have ONE pair of headphones I would go M40x w/ the angled pads.

Out of my 3 pairs of headphones the M40x get used the most if that says anything..

Mind you that might change when my Senn. HD 6XX from massdrop arrive soon but those are open back so I will still have a use for the M40x when I need the isolation.

Maybe someone else can chime in with experience with the 770's hopefully this was helpful.

Alright thanks so much for the help!

8 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Alright thanks so much for the help!

No problem hopefully your happy with whatever you end up getting. 

Let me know if you get the M40x and how you like them (with and without the pads haha!) 

Also if you do go the route of the M40x when installing the new pads ensure the "fat" part of the angled pad is behind your ear..   There is also a small foam pad in the stock pads that you can choose to put back in place or not I find it takes away a bit of the high end when installed so I took mine out this is personal preference tho.

Cheers.

18 minutes ago, Tz000 said:

Also with either headset would this work with themhttps://www.amazon.com/Antlion-Audio-Adapter-Windows-Linux/dp/B01AZEYT1G#customerReviews

10 hours ago, Abyss Gaming said:

I want closed though so with that in mind would you recommend them?

Well, they'll sound very good, that's for sure.

If you want a good closed-back gaming headset, look at Steelseries.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

10 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Well, they'll sound very good, that's for sure.

If you want a good closed-back gaming headset, look at Steelseries.

I ended up buying the DT 770, thanks though!

2 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

wish i had that money to spend on headphones

Nice!

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

18 hours ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Yes that should work just the same as if you were to plug the headphones into the headphone jack on the back of the PC.  Also with that USB soundcard you can use the headphones on a variety of devices like a PS4, Xbox one etc.

1 hour ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Let me know what you think of them iv always wanted to try a pair for an extended period of time.

Cheers!