They said that i couldn'tplay vr

ManosMax13

I asked whether i could play vr with a gtx 1080 and an i7 860.This tests howver prooves otherwise!!!Sorry for some greek words.

vr.png

4 minutes ago, EPENEX said:

Enjoy your bottleneck.

We'll see once he actually buys the VR headset and starts playing some decent intensive games.

24 minutes ago, Binner said:

Who said you couldn't run vr?

Some people that I asked here

12 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

We'll see once he actually buys the VR headset and starts playing some decent intensive games.

Soo OK wait will I be able to play games like supehot?

That CPU will make the experience awful...

And technically, can't anything that can run Steam and has enough IO run VR?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

8 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

That CPU will make the experience awful...

And technically, can't anything that can run Steam and has enough IO run VR?

Instead of the saying "mic drop" it'll be "frame drop" :P

1 minute ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Instead of the saying "mic drop" it'll be "frame drop" :P

Dude you are not funny u can buy me a new PC if u want also what are your specs?

9 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

Dude you are not funny u can buy me a new PC if u want also what are your specs?

Damn bro, why are you so triggered?

You should've spent your money in different ways. Just accept it.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

49 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

I simply wanted to let you understand that it would be better to save money and once you have sufficient budget, upgrade your current PC.

If I were you, that's what I would do anyways.

I'm not a gamer at all (I use computers for simulations, calculations, CFD), so I don't have a VR headset.

However, to me, it doesn't sound very reasonable to buy a demanding VR headset, use it on this system and expect to be playing decent intensive games.

Enjoy your vr man.  People have odd expectations when it comes to hardware sometimes. 

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

That should be plenty to get you hooked. I got the same result with overclocked FX-8320 and GTX 1070. Worked alright, games like Dead and Buried and Robo Recall were perfectly playable, but it didn't take long to run into trouble with indie games. CPU upgrade took care of that.

Rift or Vive?

1 hour ago, tatte said:

That should be plenty to get you hooked. I got the same result with overclocked FX-8320 and GTX 1070. Worked alright, games like Dead and Buried and Robo Recall were perfectly playable, but it didn't take long to run into trouble with indie games. CPU upgrade took care of that.

Rift or Vive?

Rift

10 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Damn bro, why are you so triggered?

You should've spent your money in different ways. Just accept it.

I m not mad but he mocked me because i cant afford a new pc

58 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

I was not mocking you at all! Then you have misunderdstood my response completely. I always try to lighten up the conversation a bit. I can also go completely black-white with you and use a very boring business-like tone to answer your questions. But I think that we will both get tired of that pretty soon :-)

The fact that you are really determined to make the step to go VR is something that is really noteworthy. However, as @kelvinhall05 already mentioned, you should have spent your money differently if your purpose was to go VR.

1 hour ago, ManosMax13 said:

None of us are mocking you. We're giving you positive criticism so you can spend your money better next time and get a better rig.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

4 hours ago, Christophe Corazza said:

I was not mocking you at all! Then you have misunderdstood my response completely. I always try to lighten up the conversation a bit. I can also go completely black-white with you and use a very boring business-like tone to answer your questions. But I think that we will both get tired of that pretty soon :-)

The fact that you are really determined to make the step to go VR is something that is really noteworthy. However, as @kelvinhall05 already mentioned, you should have spent your money differently if your purpose was to go VR.

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

None of us are mocking you. We're giving you positive criticism so you can spend your money better next time and get a better rig.

Oh ok that sounded bad in my head then.Anyway i agree with u guys this is the rig i can afford do u like it?

https://www.newegg.com/global/gr/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119099&ignorebbr=1

https://www.newegg.com/global/gr/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113497&ignorebbr=1

https://www.newegg.com/global/gr/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820158617&ignorebbr=1

5 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

Get cheaper RAM, a cheaper motherboard, and a better CPU.

Alternatively, you could buy into 8th gen Intel, which might be better for VR.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

13 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Get cheaper RAM, a cheaper motherboard, and a better CPU.

Alternatively, you could buy into 8th gen Intel, which might be better for VR.

I cant find cheaper ram with rgb also the asus board is my favourite and i wanna keep it.As for the cpu intel as much as i love them are expensive and need a cpu cooler, but if you want to link me a more budget intel or amd rig feel free to do so!