Fan Speed Controller Help - BeQuiet Pure Base 600

Hello!

I'm building in the BeQuiet Pure Base 600 case. The user manual is not very helpful when it comes to the fan speed controller. If any of you know where to plug in the two cables, please let me know. One of the two cables is a SATA cable, so I plugged that in, but the other is some sort of a 2-pin connector. The diagram shows to plug it into something, but it doesn't say what or where. Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

I'm guessing all fan speed controllers are the same or at least similar, so even if you don't have this case, you may still be of help! I have never built in a case with fan controllers before.

Hello! It's me just passing through :) 

Regarding the fans, I plugged in the SATA cable and, when I turned the new system on, it was fine except for the fact that the front fan was not spinning. I'm guessing this has to do with that extra connector.

Hello! It's me just passing through :) 

The 2pin connector is for case fans. The 3rd pin isn't included since it's for reading rpm which is unnecessary for fan control.

Did you plug the front fan in?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 5/27/2018 at 12:15 PM, Aerdian said:

Hello!

I'm building in the BeQuiet Pure Base 600 case. The user manual is not very helpful when it comes to the fan speed controller. If any of you know where to plug in the two cables, please let me know. One of the two cables is a SATA cable, so I plugged that in, but the other is some sort of a 2-pin connector. The diagram shows to plug it into something, but it doesn't say what or where. Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

I'm guessing all fan speed controllers are the same or at least similar, so even if you don't have this case, you may still be of help! I have never built in a case with fan controllers before.

I just bought this case and I am having the same issue.  Did you figure out where to put that 2 pin connector? also did your case has 2 reset pw connectors? I am not sure where to put the extra reset connector.

TIA

• 11 months later...

That other connector is for the third fan.  the case comes with 2 fans and if you look at the wires going to those fans you will see that same connector.  All you do is connect the sata connector to sata power.  -

Please do not revive old threads

-Topic Locked-

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25