Recommendations for a minimal 850 watt UPS.

speedbeastxx

My house has old crappy circuits and the fuse box always blows when we have to many things plugged in. What UPS do you recommend? (min 850 watts)

System

• CPU
    i7-7700k at 4.6ghz
  • Motherboard
    Asus ROG Z270-E
  • RAM
    Gskill 16gb 2400 RGB
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1080 Duke
  • Case
    Corsair 750D
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 evo 500gb
     WD black 4tb
     WD blue 1tb
     Kingston ssdnow v300 128gb
  • PSU
    Corsair HX750
  • Display(s)
    2x Asus - VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p
  • Cooling
    Corsair H110i
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

The UPS won't help if you plug too many things in lol

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, JDE said:

The UPS won't help if you plug too many things in lol

I want it for its temporary battery backup.

System

• CPU
    i7-7700k at 4.6ghz
  • Motherboard
    Asus ROG Z270-E
  • RAM
    Gskill 16gb 2400 RGB
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1080 Duke
  • Case
    Corsair 750D
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 evo 500gb
     WD black 4tb
     WD blue 1tb
  • PSU
    Corsair HX750
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Corsair H110i
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, speedbeastxx said:

My house has old crappy circuits and the fuse box always blows when we have to many things plugged in. What UPS do you recommend? (min 850 watts)

It would be recommended to have someone come to check your electrical system in your home as it sounds it's fairly overloaded with too many circuits one a single fuse or breaker. As for a UPS unit it only needs to be as large as the load your applying to it, if it's the specs in your signatures a 600W unit is more than enough including peripherals and networking equipment. 

http://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products/Back-UPS-PRO-BR-1000VA-SineWave-10-Outlets-2-USB-Charging-Ports-AVR-LCD-interface/P-BR1000MS

https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/product/ups/cp1000pfclcd/

1 minute ago, W-L said:

It would be recommended to have someone come to check your electrical system in your home as it sounds it's fairly overloaded with too many circuits one a single fuse or breaker. As for a UPS unit it only needs to be as large as the load your applying to it, if it's the specs in your signatures a 600W unit is more than enough including peripherals and networking equipment. 

http://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products/Back-UPS-PRO-BR-1000VA-SineWave-10-Outlets-2-USB-Charging-Ports-AVR-LCD-interface/P-BR1000MS

https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/product/ups/cp1000pfclcd/

My computer alone uses almost 500 watts, the reason why i dont have an electrician change the wiring is that when the house was built in 1929 the wiring was crap and still is. my room is connected to the garage and the kitchen all on one circuit. So the cost of changing it would be very expensive. 

System

• CPU
    i7-7700k at 4.6ghz
  • Motherboard
    Asus ROG Z270-E
  • RAM
    Gskill 16gb 2400 RGB
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1080 Duke
  • Case
    Corsair 750D
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 evo 500gb
     WD black 4tb
     WD blue 1tb
  • PSU
    Corsair HX750
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Corsair H110i
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

My computer alone uses almost 500 watts, the reason why i dont have an electrician change the wiring is that when the house was built in 1929 the wiring was crap and still is. my room is connected to the garage and the kitchen all on one circuit. So the cost of changing it would be very expensive. 

1929, so, do you have knob and tube wiring? Because if so, damn. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Ben Quigley said:

1929, so, do you have knob and tube wiring? Because if so, damn. 

its not the wires them selves they have been updated in the 90's, its the layout that hasn't changed. 

System

• CPU
    i7-7700k at 4.6ghz
  • Motherboard
    Asus ROG Z270-E
  • RAM
    Gskill 16gb 2400 RGB
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1080 Duke
  • Case
    Corsair 750D
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 evo 500gb
     WD black 4tb
     WD blue 1tb
  • PSU
    Corsair HX750
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Corsair H110i
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

its not the wires them selves they have been updated in the 90's, its the layout that hasn't changed. 

The layout must have changed, just not into something very intelligent.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

13 minutes ago, speedbeastxx said:

It needs to be address regardless if your constantly tripping breakers let it be running a dedicated line to your room or getting into the whole system. Your system won't draw more than 450W max so at 600W you will have a decently healthy overhead. 

Anyway, I would really recommend getting an electrician to atleast give you a better breaker. Even if that can't run a new circuit.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

11 minutes ago, W-L said:

It needs to be address regardless if your constantly tripping breakers let it be running a dedicated line to your room or getting into the whole system. Your system won't draw more than 450W max so at 600W you will have a decently healthy overhead. 

ok, thanks for the help.

10 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Anyway, I would really recommend getting an electrician to atleast give you a better breaker. Even if that can't run a new circuit.

I will look into that.

System

• CPU
    i7-7700k at 4.6ghz
  • Motherboard
    Asus ROG Z270-E
  • RAM
    Gskill 16gb 2400 RGB
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1080 Duke
  • Case
    Corsair 750D
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 evo 500gb
     WD black 4tb
     WD blue 1tb
  • PSU
    Corsair HX750
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Corsair H110i
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

Just now, speedbeastxx said:

I will look into that.

That is, if the conductors can takes any more current. But an electrician will be able to work that out.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I'd say it's more worth the money to get your wiring fixed. If you are in Chicago as you say I don't think the power is going to be unstable, so a UPS is really unnecessary but old wiring can be dangerous.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

2 minutes ago, speedbeastxx said:

I will look into that.

That is, if the conductors can takes any more current. But an electrician will be able to work that out.

You can't just change the breaker and not the wiring your asking for a house fire if you leave the smaller wires but force more current through them. 

Old wiring can cause electrical fires if sparking. I'd seriously look into getting it upgraded/replaced

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

She/they 

1 minute ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Old wiring can cause electrical fires if sparking. I'd seriously look into getting it upgraded/replaced

wires have been updated to code, how the power is distributed to each circuit is horrible. 

System

• CPU
    i7-7700k at 4.6ghz
  • Motherboard
    Asus ROG Z270-E
  • RAM
    Gskill 16gb 2400 RGB
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1080 Duke
  • Case
    Corsair 750D
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 evo 500gb
     WD black 4tb
     WD blue 1tb
  • PSU
    Corsair HX750
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Corsair H110i
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

You can't just change the breaker and not the wiring your asking for a house fire if you leave the smaller wires but force more current through them. 

I'm aware, I by better I orginally meant if the quality was sub-par, then realized the way it could be taken. Wiring is very different over that side of the pond I believe anyway. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, speedbeastxx said:

wires have been updated to code, how the power is distributed to each circuit is horrible. 

In that case I'd look into upgrading your... stufff (I don't know how electrical stuff works)

She/they 

I'm aware, I by better I orginally meant if the quality was sub-par, then realized the way it could be taken. Wiring is very different over that side of the pond I believe anyway. 

Yeah in the north america there are multiple gauges of wiring used for different amperage of circuits from 15 - 50Amps since we don't fuse our electronics on the plug side. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Yeah in the north america there are multiple gauges of wiring used for different amperage of circuits from 15 - 50Amps since we don't fuse our electronics on the plug side. 

Interesting, we also have different gauges, called cross sectional area, e.g. 1.5mm², 1.75mm², etc, etc. But for mains I've only ever seen twin 'mains' used in residence. A standard overspec'ed conductor used because we have ring mains rather than radial like many other places. A few very high power appliances have their own runs though, like ovens and electrical boilers.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Interesting, we also have different gauges, called cross sectional area, e.g. 1.5mm², 1.75mm², etc, etc. But for mains I've only ever seen twin 'mains' used in residence. A standard overspec'ed conductor used because we have ring mains rather than radial like many other places. A few very high power appliances have their own runs though, like ovens and electrical boilers.

Makes sense you want to dedicated line for the high current devices, depending where you are as it varies but in North America it can be ridiculous like an absolute max of 12 outputs per 15 amp breaker so it only gives around 1800W max for the whole circuit. Most places I see never do that much cause you will see issues with overloading far too often. In older homes if they didn't think ahead and wired it to the max with lines in the kitchen and other places that have high current appliances tripping a breaker is pretty common. 

7 minutes ago, W-L said:

Makes sense you want to dedicated line for the high current devices, depending where you are as it varies but in North America it can be ridiculous like an absolute max of 12 outputs per 15 amp breaker so it only gives around 1800W max for the whole circuit. Most places I see never do that much cause you will see issues with overloading far too often. In older homes if they didn't think ahead and wired it to the max with lines in the kitchen and other places that have high current appliances tripping a breaker is pretty common. 

I think my pc setup pulls like 1800watts on its own... 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Ben Quigley said:

I think my pc setup pulls like 1800watts on its own... 

Unless your running a server or something I doubt it, most single CPU and GPU systems don't breaker past 500W. 

12 minutes ago, W-L said:

Unless your running a server or something I doubt it, most single CPU and GPU systems don't breaker past 500W. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cBcmD2

/s I know this is a stupid build

She/they