Alpha cool glass tubing.

So i currently have some mayhems glass that is not bent but i recently found on modmymods the 90 degree bend glass that they would also cut and chamfer for me. So i was wondering if there will be much of a difference between the two glass tubes if i should switch etc. I am using a mix of bitspower fittings and alphacool fittings but i might be willing to switch out the fittings. 

Pre-bent glass tubing looks nice so I'd get that if possible. 

I'm assuming you are going to use 16mm OD since Bitspower doesn't have 13mm rigid tubing fittings (they have 12mm and 16mm). I say get the tubes and try using them with Bitspower - there is a reason most people go with them. If for some reason they will not fit, go with Alphacool fittings. I recommend using the Eiszapfen ones.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

most fittings like bitspower ek barrow ect... are 12 mm OD, alphacool ones are 13. you can not mix and mach alphacool fittings with anything else. if you want to use alphacool glass tubing which I assume is 13mm OD you will have to use alphacool fittings. Mayhems also sell glass tubing (including pre bent 90) https://www.mayhems.net/collections/glass-tubing in 12mm and 16mm OD

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

2 hours ago, MaratM said:

alphacool ones are 13

They also have 16mm OD.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

TBH if i were u, i'd use Monsoon Ev2 fittings, they are very secure and come with extra oring size to deal with difference in tube size between makes.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

18 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

TBH if i were u, i'd use Monsoon Ev2 fittings, they are very secure and come with extra oring size to deal with difference in tube size between makes.

but these are the silver coated bards right? that would reduce coolant compatibility and personally I think silver needs to be phased out of watercooling generally. 

• Barb features antimicrobial silver - perfect for gunk free loops running high performance distilled or deionized water

2 minutes ago, For Science! said:

but these are the silver coated bards right? that would reduce coolant compatibility and personally I think silver needs to be phased out of watercooling generally. 

Do you have a coolant in mind that doesnt like silver ?

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

2 hours ago, For Science! said:

If OP is using ANY nickel in his loop, he cant use the silver fittings (actually made of silver that is). It will corrode the loop because of the nickel.

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!

Maybe in theory but not so much in practice. I use monsoon fittings myself, and have Ek bocks which are nickle plated. No corrosion.

They 'should' be ok, but there will be tolerences, some may be slightly tight others loose. Thats why i mention the Monsoon fittings, they make allowances for not only imperal vs metric sizes but also general tolerences.

5 hours ago, Dreaper said:

All fittings and tubing will be in 16OD, I already have the bitspower and alpha cool fittings im just wondering if the pre bent alpha cool glass will be ok in the bitspower fittings :)

@SolarNova @Tech22  @For Science!  @Lathlaer @MaratM   Sorry for the confusion 

Just wanted to point out about fittings made of actual silver in any loop as it corrodes nickel. The bitspower fittings should be fine but I would order lots of extra tube because the glass may not be perfectly round and not fit the fittings with some pieces you buy - so if you buy extra you wont have an issue of not having enough fitting pieces of glass.

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!

I use the Eiszapfen fittings with my glass tubing and have glass tubes from alphacool and some 90° bends that i bought from a local glass manufacturer for about 6€ a piece. Just check the OD of the tubes and the fittings.

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D,  RAM: 64 GB Gskill Trident Z DDR5 @6200 Cl32, GPU: Asus RTX 4090 Strix OC, Pump: 2 Aquacomputer D5 Next @ 60% (~160 l/h), Radiators: 2 Mo-Ra3 360 and 1 XSPC  RX360V3 with 21 fans @650 RPM.