PC Randomly Restarts when under load, no BSOD

So ever since around the middle of January, my pc will restart when under load (normally while playing overwatch but has happened in other games / stress tests). There is no BSOD, and the first Dr. Debug code on my motherboard is: 15 which is a memory related problem.

Windows Build: Window 10, version 1709 (KB4103729) happening since just before the beginning of 1709

Specs: (all purchased 11 months ago)

• mb: AsRock X370 Taichi (v. 4.70) happening since 3.20 I believe
  • CPU: Ryzen 1700
  • Graphics: Asus Dual gtx 1070 OC edition
  • RAM: corsair 2x8 vengeance 3200, (has run at both stock and at 2933)
  • Storage: 250GB 960 evo (boot/games), 500GB Sandisk SSD plus (games/programs), 750GB WD scorpio black notebook, and external NAS
  • PSU: EVGA supernova g3 750W

What I've tried:

• several different BIOS versions, including older ones which used to run stable
  • Uninstalling/reinstalling CPU and RAM (since I switched coolers around the time it started)
  • Uninstalling/reinstalling graphics drivers (have also tried older versions
  • clearing CMOS*

*recently, I removed the mb battery and cleared CMOS and did a power drain for another issue, but I noticed it was stable for about 3 nights

I have overclocked the pc before but nothing crazy (loaded XMP profile for ram and scaled back to 2933 where it was stable, and OC'ed CPU to anywhere between 3.7 and 3.9 with never raising voltages above 1.31).

I have also tried stock settings for extended periods of time. It is also not a temp issue as CPU reaches ~60C max while graphics never touches 80C and other components are similar to CPU.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this. I am thinking I might try reinstalling windows later when I am less busy. I have also heard from some that I should try RMAing my mb but I am hoping to avoid it because the process seems lengthy, if there are any Canadians out there who have dealt with AsRock, how was your experience?

If you scaled back your memory from the XMP profile, was the voltage kept? I know on my gigabyte board, if I select XMP and then change any other settings, it defaults to scaling the JEDEC profile instead of the XMP one. Might be worth checking your memory is actually running at XMP voltages at 2933, which is probably 1.35.

Have you done a memory test? Maybe not memtest x86 (which is extremely comprehensive but takes a very long time), but Windows has a built-in memory test which might be useful - search for Windows Memory Diagnostic on your start menu, it'll take about 30 mins to run.

On 2018-05-24 at 12:19 AM, Tabs said:

If you scaled back your memory from the XMP profile, was the voltage kept? I know on my gigabyte board, if I select XMP and then change any other settings, it defaults to scaling the JEDEC profile instead of the XMP one. Might be worth checking your memory is actually running at XMP voltages at 2933, which is probably 1.35.

Have you done a memory test? Maybe not memtest x86 (which is extremely comprehensive but takes a very long time), but Windows has a built-in memory test which might be useful - search for Windows Memory Diagnostic on your start menu, it'll take about 30 mins to run.

Sorry for keeping you waiting, been very busy, I did manage to do a clean install of windows and so far so good.

To address your feedback, thank you for taking the time to read/reply, I've had everything run fully stock at times but when it was oc'ed it did run at 1.35V. I've also run the windows diagnostic a few times with every time being good. 

Hopefully the windows install fixes the issue but if it doesn't, I'll be back on this post.

11 hours ago, EscTheCtrl said:

Sorry for keeping you waiting, been very busy, I did manage to do a clean install of windows and so far so good.

To address your feedback, thank you for taking the time to read/reply, I've had everything run fully stock at times but when it was oc'ed it did run at 1.35V. I've also run the windows diagnostic a few times with every time being good. 

Hopefully the windows install fixes the issue but if it doesn't, I'll be back on this post.

Okay, windows memory diagnostic isn't good for this. That's for finding out if your memory is trash or not not really for testing stability.

You need to use memtest86 off of a flash drive

You need to run it for like 24 hours strait.

If you get even a single error in that time, you're not stable.

Download the windows bootable flash drive version here, install it to an empty flash drive and then boot to it.

Just let that run.