People cant connect to my game server

TinyBolts

So i'm trying to host a game server, I port forwarded and all but my friend cant join with the external ip which is 86.38.7.235. My ipv4 shown in cmd is 192.168.8.100. Anyone has an idea of what the problem could be?

Game is called unturned btw.

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::6453:548:e4e1:7fd6%13
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.8.100
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.8.1

Port forwarding : 5ce9f959f826d4866fcc262b044a34fc.png

I think it's the firewall blocking it. Try to lower the port range to something similar like killing floor 4 and see if that works.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, samcool55 said:

I think it's the firewall blocking it. Try to lower the port range to something similar like killing floor 4 and see if that works.

I tried with disabling firewall and it didnt work but i guess ill try

4 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

if i change do i also need to change on the firewall on my pc? Its 27014-27019 there

You want ipconfig in CMD to be the one which has a proper DNS suffix and everything. It should look like this:

C:\Users\[REDACTED]>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 6:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 7:

===== WE WANT THIS ONE =====
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : [REDACTED].[REDACTED].[REDACTED]
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : [REDACTED]:a000:8388:c900:309f:3cf0:a313:[REDACTED]
   Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : [REDACTED]:a000:8388:c900:549c:c9b4:ee01:[REDACTED]
   Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : [REDACTED]:a000:8388:c900:6876:c293:d80f:[REDACTED]
   Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : [REDACTED]:a000:8388:c900:800c:a53d:819e:[REDACTED]
   Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : [REDACTED]:a000:8388:c900:8d00:de01:e35e:[REDACTED]
   Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : [REDACTED]:a000:8388:c900:94a3:94f6:ecf9:[REDACTED]
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : [REDACTED]::309f:3cf0:a313:[REDACTED]
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.41
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : [REDACTED]::a62b:b0ff:fed5:[REDACTED]

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : [REDACTED]::84ba:97e7:5c38:[REDACTED]
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.237.1
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 4:

=== NOTICE HOW THIS ONE DOES NOT HAVE A DNS SUFFIX AND IS NOT MY CORRECT IP ===

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 5:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : [REDACTED]::e183:8841:f234:[REDACTED]
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.222.1

C:\Users\[REDACTED]>

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

1 minute ago, LtStaffel said:

You want ipconfig in CMD to be the one which has a proper DNS suffix and everything. It should look like this:

C:\Users\[REDACTED]>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 6:

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 7:

===== WE WANT THIS ONE =====
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : [REDACTED].[REDACTED].[REDACTED]
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : [REDACTED]:a000:8388:c900:309f:3cf0:a313:[REDACTED]
   Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : [REDACTED]:a000:8388:c900:549c:c9b4:ee01:[REDACTED]
   Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : [REDACTED]:a000:8388:c900:6876:c293:d80f:[REDACTED]
   Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : [REDACTED]:a000:8388:c900:800c:a53d:819e:[REDACTED]
   Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : [REDACTED]:a000:8388:c900:8d00:de01:e35e:[REDACTED]
   Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : [REDACTED]:a000:8388:c900:94a3:94f6:ecf9:[REDACTED]
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : [REDACTED]::309f:3cf0:a313:[REDACTED]
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.41
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : [REDACTED]::a62b:b0ff:fed5:[REDACTED]

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : [REDACTED]::84ba:97e7:5c38:[REDACTED]
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.237.1

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 4:

=== NOTICE HOW THIS ONE DOES NOT HAVE A DNS SUFFIX AND IS NOT MY CORRECT IP ===

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 5:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : [REDACTED]::e183:8841:f234:[REDACTED]
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.222.1

C:\Users\[REDACTED]>

and how do i do that then?

11 minutes ago, TinyBolts said:

So anyone knows anything about this?

When the server is running on your machine, does Resource Monitor > Network tab show the firewall status for that exe as "Allowed, not restricted"? Like in image below. It'll also need to be bound to your ipv4 address.

resmon.png

Are people able to connect to your Killing Floor server? You should use a port checking site while troubleshooting so you can be sure the issue isn't at your friend's end. If your friend is using Avast, go ahead and tell him to ditch it in any case, it's garbage. What firewall are you using, if it's third party, have you disabled / also configured Windows' firewall?

I'd also recommend using the default port which seems to be 25444, it helps to eliminate bugs with the server. I'm also confused why you need six ports for Unturned, do you have six separate instances running? Are you sure your friend is entering a port at all while trying to connect? (If not, the client most likely defaults to 25444.)

What does your network setup look like, what's between your PC/server and the wall? Ports need to be forwarded accordingly in each box (if you have for example both a modem and a router, the modem needs to forward the ports to the router's IP, not to the IP your router assigns to your PC/server).

1 minute ago, Tabs said:

When the server is running on your machine, does Resource Monitor > Network tab show the firewall status for that exe as "Allowed, not restricted"? Like in image below. It'll also need to be bound to your ipv4 address.

resmon.png

lemme look

Just now, tatte said:

Are people able to connect to your Killing Floor server? You should use a port checking site while troubleshooting so you can be sure the issue isn't at your friend's end. If your friend is using Avast, go ahead and tell him to ditch it in any case, it's garbage. What firewall are you using, if it's third party, have you disabled / also configured Windows' firewall?

I'd also recommend using the default port which seems to be 25444, it helps to eliminate bugs with the server. I'm also confused why you need six ports for Unturned, do you have six separate instances running? Are you sure your friend is entering a port at all while trying to connect? (If not, the client most likely defaults to 25444.)

What does your network setup look like, what's between your PC/server and the wall? Ports need to be forwarded accordingly in each box (if you have for example both a modem and a router, the modem needs to forward the ports to the router's IP, not to the IP your router assigns to your PC/server).

its an unturned server, killing floor is a diffirent thing

1 minute ago, tatte said:

27015 is used more then 28444.

Just now, TinyBolts said:

its an unturned server, killing floor is a diffirent thing

Sorry I bothered to reply.

2 minutes ago, tatte said:

router's ip so 192.169.8.1? Its whats written on the back

9 minutes ago, Tabs said:

resmon.png

7e858e7df5d2d5f3f7cc86e21cd141a4.png this is the thingy that i use to launch the server and edit certain parts of the server

8 hours ago, TinyBolts said:

if i change do i also need to change on the firewall on my pc? Its 27014-27019 there

You should allow UInturned through your PC firewall. Allow it for external connections.