Is it safe to overclock a 60hz VA panel monitor to 70hz?

ZeRedz

I'd like to know if it's safe to overclock a 60hz VA panel monitor to 70hz. Like would overclocking it to 70hz severely reduce the lifespan?

Yeah it should be fine just make sure the monitor has sufficient airflow because it still has to stay cool(ish)

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

5 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

Yeah it should be fine just make sure the monitor has sufficient airflow because it still has to stay cool(ish)

I mean my room's fairly cool and my monitor has vents or whatever they're called on the back, but that's about it. I have the BenQ GW2470HL.

17 minutes ago, ZeRedz said:

I mean my room's fairly cool and my monitor has vents or whatever they're called on the back, but that's about it. I have the BenQ GW2470HL.

I run that monitor at 75hz no problem. Goes funny after about 78.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

1 hour ago, ZeRedz said:

You're good

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

10 hours ago, userzero said:

I run that monitor at 75hz no problem. Goes funny after about 78.

How long have you been using the GW2470HL with that refresh rate if you don't mind me asking? Also, I'm having trouble pushing past 74hz. I'm using an HDMI cable.

Also, after overclocking to 74hz, I kept getting the out of range message. I lowered the refresh rate to 72hz and I still got the out of range message. I wasn't getting the out of range message with 70hz though. What's the best way to overclock it to 75hz without getting the out of range message?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that remove my 72hz profile from NVIDIA control panel via another monitor, I was still getting the "out of range" error message. What fixed the issue was removing the video driver I'm using via DDU and doing a clean installation of it.

Never got the out of range message mate. Different rigs, cables, GPUs, setups etc. Mine sits pretty where it is. Just dial it in at 70hz and be done mate.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

You cant damage a monitor by 'overclocking it' since ur not messing with votlages. If it doesnt like the 'overclock' it simply wont produce a picture properly or at all.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

what program are you using btw? 

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

47 minutes ago, dionkoffie said:

what program are you using btw? 

I'm just using NVIDIA control panel.