New Phone Samsung A8 or S7

MrAkisGr

hello guys , yestarday accidentally i dropped my phone and it broke , so i am here today and i am searching for a new daily driver. And my question is which is better a 2016 samsung s7 with an (old micro usb) or a new Samsung A8 2018 Which is newer and has a better overall design . Specs, Updates i really need some help because i dont know which phone to buy because the s7 is kinda older and i am really aware about it. Anyway Thanks guys 

Definitely S7.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Just now, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Definitely S7.

the s7 and a8 are almost identical,however I would wait 14 hours to see how the oneplus 6 turns out

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

the s7 and a8 are almost identical,however I would wait 14 hours to see how the oneplus 6 turns out

i really dont have the money to afford it so i am limited to these phones so which one do u think is better 

CPU capability is about on par. Cortex A73 (in Galaxy A8) and Kryo (Galaxy S7) trade blows depending on workload (floating point or Integer), though in most things that matter, A73 should come out ahead. The Galaxy S7 will have the dramatically faster GPU (as in, many times faster), though you pay for it pretty dearly in power consumption and heat output.

So really, if the GPU is important, get the Galaxy S7. If not, the A8 will be just fine too. For even cheaper, a Galaxy S6 holds up pretty well too, and is certainly faster than equally priced phones with nothing but Cortex A53 cores.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

On 22.5.2018 at 5:39 AM, Zodiark1593 said:

CPU capability is about on par. Cortex A73 (in Galaxy A8) and Kryo (Galaxy S7) trade blows depending on workload (floating point or Integer), though in most things that matter, A73 should come out ahead. The Galaxy S7 will have the dramatically faster GPU (as in, many times faster), though you pay for it pretty dearly in power consumption and heat output.

So really, if the GPU is important, get the Galaxy S7. If not, the A8 will be just fine too. For even cheaper, a Galaxy S6 holds up pretty well too, and is certainly faster than equally priced phones with nothing but Cortex A53 cores.

Actually, since he is from Greece, the S7 has the better Exynos 8890 chip, instead Snapdraogn 820 ^^

@ S6: It will no longer get any Updates anymore. Not worth, the S7 was a huge upgrade. Much more efficient SoC, much bigger battery, better design, Water-Dustproof, SD Slot.

25 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Actually, since he is from Greece, the S7 has the better Exynos 8890 chip, instead Snapdraogn 820 ^^

@ S6: It will no longer get any Updates anymore. Not worth, the S7 was a huge upgrade. Much more efficient SoC, much bigger battery, better design, Water-Dustproof, SD Slot.

Ehh, the Exynos wins in CPU, Snapdragon wins in GPU, so it's a bit of a wash. They're both close though and they're both excellent chips.

Though to be fair on the efficiency side, it isn't so much that the SD820 has a power saving cluster so much as it is a power hungry cluster, and a hungrier cluster.

My eyes see the past…

You're right, SD wins in GPU.

Back then there were a few Exynos/SD comparisons, according to gsmarena i think, the Exynos version had like 20-30% longer battery life in real world usag (which sounds like a hell lot, considering the Display should be the main Powerdraw, and SoC shouldn't have such a big impact).

(And not sure, but i think the Exynos version might have a bit cleaner Audio output through the headphone Jack)

3 hours ago, Darkseth said:

You're right, SD wins in GPU.

Back then there were a few Exynos/SD comparisons, according to gsmarena i think, the Exynos version had like 20-30% longer battery life in real world usag (which sounds like a hell lot, considering the Display should be the main Powerdraw, and SoC shouldn't have such a big impact).

(And not sure, but i think the Exynos version might have a bit cleaner Audio output through the headphone Jack)

The SD820(1) can definitely suck down the power under load. There are no real "little" cores like the A53s in the Exynos to handle lighter tasks. In the Snapdragon, the Power Saving cluster are just the Kryo cores with somewhat lower clocks and less L2 cache. They're still the "big" cores in sheep disguise.

Audio output is probably a subject for debate however. OEMs are free to ignore the on-chip audio in favor of discrete chipsets if they so choose. 

My eyes see the past…