cpu stock cooler i5 8600 extremely loud wtf?

zindan
Go to solution Solved by Vigilante720,
15 minutes ago, zindan said:

Like the photo above which that guy posted. Its red and its gigabyte

This is gonna sound weird, but can you PM me your phone number? I can give you a call and try to walk you through finding your fan settings while you're in your bios. If not, we can try this another way.

Hello, my stock cooler is at maximum all the time? Making incredible high sounds. Can I turn on like a "smart fan" or something bcs this is super loud? 

Nope, that is the intel stock cooler experience.

Check your temps to make sure it's seated properly. Otherwise you probably can set a fan curve in the BIOS

Just now, YaqinHasan said:

Check your temps to make sure it's seated properly. Otherwise you probably can set a fan curve in the BIOS

The temps are fine 30C  

How do I do that?

Just now, YaqinHasan said:

Depends on the board, RTFM

Aorus by Gigabyte Z370 Gaming K3

the stock cooler sucks balls , invest like 10 bucks in something like a Arctic Freezer 7 
Bildergebnis für Freezer 7

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

8 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

the stock cooler sucks balls , invest like 10 bucks in something like a Arctic Freezer 7 
Bildergebnis für Freezer 7

But like why is it constantly at maximum speed? It is so loud like so incredibly loud you have no idea. It makes more sound than ma 4-5 year old ps4

1 minute ago, zindan said:

But like why is it constantly at maximum speed? It is so loud like so incredibly loud you have no idea. It makes more sound than ma 4-5 year old ps4

fan plugged into the wrong header? 
maybe some wierd fancurve in the bios (in that boards bios the fancurve shud be easy to find , either on the main screen in the bottom right [easy mode] or under PC health in the MIT tab) 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

1 minute ago, Space Reptile said:

maybe some wierd fancurve in the bios (in that boards bios the fancurve shud be easy to find , either on the main screen in the bottom right [easy mode] or under PC health in the MIT tab) 

When I am there what should I look for exactly? At MIT or PC health ? 

3 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

Switched from SYS_FAN to SYS_OP   and it is perfect now. Temps are perfect too. hehe :P

2 minutes ago, zindan said:

When I am there what should I look for exactly? At MIT or PC health ? 

go to the easy mode , from there you shud have the fancurve right there on the main screen to click at 
image.png.bb0a196ad9c1ff81a60e9956fdd5fbac.png

PSU Tier list

Just now, zindan said:

Switched from SYS_FAN to SYS_OP   and it is perfect now. Temps are perfect too. hehe :P

ah okay good , glad to hear that fixed it 

PSU Tier list

2 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

go to the easy mode , from there you shud have the fancurve right there on the main screen to click at 

I changed where I plug the cpu cooler and its fine now heeh :P

57 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

Okay shit it started again upon restard.... Damn ok im in easy mode I can see the fan and stuff but all looks normal. Whislt in bios everything is fine its only when I see the windos logo that shits start to get weird.  The cpu usage is at 1% yet the fan is at 100% and the temps are fine to

2 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

ah okay good , glad to hear that fixed it 

Is there no simple way to just set it to auto spin ???? Spins faster and faster when temperatures raises not max speed constantly ?? Dafuq is this shit.

Shouldn't your CPU fan be plugged into the the spot on your motherboard labelled "CPU_FAN"?

This won't necessarily solve your problem but you'll want to make sure it's in the right spot before you do anything else otherwise setting a fan curve would be pointless.

DSC_1656.jpg

6 hours ago, Vigilante720 said:

Shouldn't your CPU fan be plugged into the the spot on your motherboard labelled "CPU_FAN"?

This won't necessarily solve your problem but you'll want to make sure it's in the right spot before you do anything else otherwise setting a fan curve would be pointless.

DSC_1656.jpg

Ok i’l change it back. and how to I do he other stuff that you said?

I can't tell you for sure because everyone's BIOS is different. But it will probably be in your bios somewhere.

When I get home, ill research your motherboard and get you a better answer.

1 hour ago, Vigilante720 said:

I can't tell you for sure because everyone's BIOS is different. But it will probably be in your bios somewhere.

When I get home, ill research your motherboard and get you a better answer.

Really? Wow, thank you so much. If there is anything I can do for you let me know.

On 5/20/2018 at 4:38 PM, zindan said:

Aorus by Gigabyte Z370 Gaming K3

Gigabyte isn't best board with fan controls. But there should be silent preset in PC Health etc. tab in BIOS. Alternatively you can dowload SIV (System Information Viewer) which has Gigabytes fan control software and try with that.

On 5/20/2018 at 4:34 PM, Some Random Member said:

Nope, that is the intel stock cooler experience.

Except it isn't. Why post if you don't have good answer?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, zindan said:

Really? Wow, thank you so much. If there is anything I can do for you let me know.

Can you take a photo of what your bios looks like when it opens up?

1 hour ago, Vigilante720 said:

Can you take a photo of what your bios looks like when it opens up?

15 minutes ago, zindan said:

This is gonna sound weird, but can you PM me your phone number? I can give you a call and try to walk you through finding your fan settings while you're in your bios. If not, we can try this another way.

9 hours ago, Vigilante720 said:

Well I don't know about weird but sure is unusual :P I have a swedish phone number so if you don't live in sweden it will be rather expensive to call me.  How about discord?  My name is zindan#3469