Port Forwarding/DMZ Doesn't work at all!

Go to solution Solved by Donut417,
5 minutes ago, Jefferson_Richtan said:

So, does that mean that the only way to open ports is to contact the ISP to open them?

Yeah, but they might not do it, also if some one else on the network has them open then you cant. Port forwarding only works for 1 IP address. So if port 6000 is open to another customer then you cant open port 6000. Some ISP's wont do it regardless or you get the person on the phone who dont know what port forwarding is. 

So I was setting up port forwarding, I tried:

-forwarding the device(s) [fail]

-putting the device(s) to dmz [fail]

Note that I have already set up static IP Addresses.

No matter what port I try to test, it says port closed in the port testing program.image.png.0007799e7e274bce60516d742565e6ff.png

One thing that I noticed when I check the WAN IP of my router (the one that connects to the ISP) is that they're different from whatismyip, does this mean that I cannot port forward?

My ISP is Biznet Networks if that helps

My PC spec:

• Intel Core2 Quad Q6700
  • 8GB DDR2
  • Sapphire Radeon RX 470 Nitro 4GB

2 hours ago, Jefferson_Richtan said:

So I was setting up port forwarding, I tried:

-forwarding the device(s) [fail]

-putting the device(s) to dmz [fail]

Note that I have already set up static IP Addresses.

No matter what port I try to test, it says port closed in the port testing program.image.png.0007799e7e274bce60516d742565e6ff.png

One thing that I noticed when I check the WAN IP of my router (the one that connects to the ISP) is that they're different from whatismyip, does this mean that I cannot port forward?

My ISP is Biznet Networks if that helps

If the two IPs differ your ISP could be using carrier grade NAT. If the is the case then port forwarding won't work.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

20 hours ago, Donut417 said:

If the two IPs differ your ISP could be using carrier grade NAT. If the is the case then port forwarding won't work.

So, does that mean that the only way to open ports is to contact the ISP to open them?

My PC spec:

• Intel Core2 Quad Q6700
  • 8GB DDR2
  • Sapphire Radeon RX 470 Nitro 4GB

5 minutes ago, Jefferson_Richtan said:

Yeah, but they might not do it, also if some one else on the network has them open then you cant. Port forwarding only works for 1 IP address. So if port 6000 is open to another customer then you cant open port 6000. Some ISP's wont do it regardless or you get the person on the phone who dont know what port forwarding is. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.