COMPLETELY Random Shutdowns on 5 month old computer.

Recently I have been having this issue with my computer where I would attempt to click on the chrome icon and then IMMEDIATELY the computer just shut down. I look in event viewer and I see at the exact time the computer shut down there was a DistributedCOM error. This same error happened other times when I was trying to access the chrome browser. Do you have any idea what is causing this? Thanks for your support. (I am literally doing a clean install tomorrow so if you can't think of a way to stop it the problem will probably be gone.)

Update: Found a Kernel-Power Critical Error in the Event Viewer 30 seconds before it happened.

I had the same issue and it was a power supply problem. Happen to have any laying around to test with?

"Kieran just stole my girl!" - No-one

Discord: Kdog#7258

Just now, Kdog said:

I had the same issue and it was a power supply problem. Happen to have any laying around to test with?

Yes I do. It is a 500W 80+ Bronze Antec Unit.

5 minutes ago, TheRealCanadianGamer said:

Recently I have been having this issue with my computer where I would attempt to click on the chrome icon and then IMMEDIATELY the computer just shut down. I look in event viewer and I see at the exact time the computer shut down there was a DistributedCOM error. This same error happened other times when I was trying to access the chrome browser. Do you have any idea what is causing this? Thanks for your support. (I am literally doing a clean install tomorrow so if you can't think of a way to stop it the problem will probably be gone.)

Update: Found a Kernel-Power Critical Error in the Event Viewer 30 seconds before it happened.

The Kernel-Power Critical Error is usually shown when an unexpected restart or wasn't "clean"

EDIT: I think this might help if you did get the error because of that specific issue. help

?????

Do you remember the
21st night of September?
Love was changing the minds of pretenders
While chasing the clouds away

Our hearts were ringing
In the key that our souls were singing.
As we danced in the night,
Remember how the stars stole the night away

Just now, TheRealCanadianGamer said:

Yes I do. It is a 500W 80+ Bronze Antec Unit.

Alright, try that and see what happens. It's worth a shot, right?

"Kieran just stole my girl!" - No-one

Discord: Kdog#7258

If its specific to chrome it is in all likely hood a software issue and given the recent instability of windows 10 updates that would be my primary suspect, can't hurt to try the extra psu though, assuming its enough to power the computer

14 minutes ago, TheRealCanadianGamer said:

(I am literally doing a clean install tomorrow so if you can't think of a way to stop it the problem will probably be gone.)

That would likely fix the issue if software related, the only other potential problematic software component that would remain afterwards would be the bios

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

22 minutes ago, TheRealCanadianGamer said:

Full specs? Including this other PSU?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

I haven't tested the other power supply yet, but I will. If that does not solve the problem, I am thinking that Microsoft is trying to stop Google Chrome from killing Edge.