and i also what is a good temp for a EVGA 1080 TI FTW3? ive been geting around 70c-75c at most. thats ok right?

I'm assuming you haven't overclocked. If you decide to my advice is to delid the CPU as temperatures will rise quickly. But once done a 8700k at 5.1GHz runs cooler than one that's stock. Free upgrade past the cost of the liquid metal so worth checking any local groups you're connected with to see if anyone has some.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, ruet63 said:

and i also what is a good temp for a EVGA 1080 TI FTW3? ive been geting around 70c-75c at most. thats ok right?

That's fine, increasing the fan curve would probably drop those temps into the 60s, but might cause the fans to be heard outside the case. So up to you which is more important. Quiet or cool

You won't see any damage until you reach passed 100c on a GPU core, but really it's nice to be under 85c, 75c or lower are golden temps for a GPU.

Intel Xeon E5640 4510mhz 1.10v-1.42v (offset) - C states on (◣_◢) 16GB 2x4 1x8 1296mhz CL7 (◣_◢) ASUS P6X58DE (◣_◢) Radeon R9 Fury Sapphire Nitro (◣_◢) 500GB HDD x2 1TB HDD x2 (RAID) Intel 480GB SSD (◣_◢) NZXT S340 (◣_◢) 130hz VS VX2268WM

yeah @App4that i have messed with the curves. i also get about 33c idle when fans are off or on lowest rpm. 

also about the INTEL i7 8700k.. you dont think i should overclock with my current temps? you think i should go delided?

Anything over 80 is a bit dangerous. 50-72 under load are great temps for an 8700k.

hi.

28 minutes ago, ruet63 said:

yeah @App4that i have messed with the curves. i also get about 33c idle when fans are off or on lowest rpm. 

also about the INTEL i7 8700k.. you dont think i should overclock with my current temps? you think i should go delided?

I would personally. You paid for a 8700k might as well get the most out of it.

and also do i have to worry about mobo temps. i have an rog stix z370 and its been cool for the most part but once it got up to 127c in one of the areas near the cpu socket . is this something to worry about?

1 minute ago, ruet63 said:

and also do i have to worry about mobo temps. i have an rog stix z370 and its been cool for the most part but once it got up to 127c in one of the areas near the cpu socket . is this something to worry about?

As in the VRM? Yeah, that's toasty. What are your voltages set too?

1 hour ago, ruet63 said:

i kept hearing that anything over 70c is really warm 

People are pretty conservative and kind of pussies.

Honestly, that chip would run bouncing off the thermal limiter for years.  Keeping it under 90c would help me sleep better at night.  If the chip blew up at less than the thermal limit, intel would have set it lower.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

45 minutes ago, ruet63 said:

My 1080ti FTW was perfectly happy chugging along at ~75c all day.  No issue there.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

i think 127c just happend once. should i be concerned aboout that and set the voltage lower in bios? @App4that

also on an unrelated note... is it okay to clean my cpu with 70% isoprople wipes. (to remove thermal paste residue for install of a new aio pump)

Just now, ruet63 said:

i think 127c just happend once. should i be concerned aboout that and set the voltage lower in bios? @App4that

Motherboards come with some insane voltges out of the box, no idea why. I run mine at 1.35v at 5.1GHz, while the bios was set to 1.45 by default. Crazy. So yeah, I would go in and check where the voltages are. 1.2v should be stable if you're not overclocking. I'd set it there and test stability. 

5 minutes ago, ruet63 said:

No.  You should keep an eye on it, and if needed add a fan to get more airflow over the VRM section.

3 minutes ago, ruet63 said:

also on an unrelated note... is it okay to clean my cpu with 70% isoprople wipes. (to remove thermal paste residue for install of a new aio pump)

That is fine, i would preffer a higher % of isopropyl, but that will work fine.  Maybe wipe down with a tissue after to get rid of extra moisture. 

oh ok @TahoeDust  should i let it dry at all or wipe it off while in the

socket.

3 minutes ago, ruet63 said:

oh ok @TahoeDust  should i let it dry at all or wipe it off while in the

socket.

I usually just dry it off as soon as I am satisfied it is clean from the wipes.  You will see a little moisture on it after it is clean.  Don't overthink any of this.  Use common sense.  Nothing in hardware is as hard as some people make it out to be.  Being a perfectionist is futile in the hobby, although you can get close.