HI I NEED SOME HELP. So recently i built a fairly power full gaming rig with an INTEL i7 8700K paired with an NZXT KRAKEN X62 liquid cooling aio. My idle temps have been between 35c-40c and underload playing pubg, gtav} im getting 50c-72c. From what ive heard this is really hot for my cpu. can anyone offer advice on the temperature range for my cpu. thanks.

it shouldnt be getting that hot on water though, how much airflow are you getting?

i kept hearing that anything over 70c is really warm 

i have 2 140mm fans pushing in to the case and 4 exaust fans pulling air out 

is that an ok config? for air movement. the case stays pretty cool 

My idle temps on my pc are around 38c but when gaming I do not exceed 65c

my gpu does however, and sucks a lot of power. It sits around 83c, so what I did is I have four fans, two on radiator and two exhaust fans; the rad is pulling in air and the other two are exhausting it out the back. This seems to work pretty good,. if there is a stagnant area around where the heat is, thats because there isn't enough airflow or the pressure is too great to allow it to leave a specific area. You should run a gtav benchmark with your side off.

if that doesn't work, you really need to re apply some fresh/ brand new paste on your cpu.

I agree that under 80 is fine and over 70 while under load is fine.  If you load the CPU with a stress test and it stays under 80 you should be ok.

1 minute ago, ruet63 said:

is that an ok config? for air movement. the case stays pretty cool 

yeah, but it seems like the problem might either be a stock probe not reading correctly or stagnant air around the top part of the PCB. You should take the side off and without touching anything during a benchmark test you should figure out where is the hottest. I would direct airflow directly to that affect area.

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

I agree that under 80 is fine and over 70 while under load is fine.  If you load the CPU with a stress test and it stays under 80 you should be ok.

True, and ruet63 if the pc isn't shutting off because of heat, then you're most likely okay. I'm trying to give you some pointers incase you might have anxiety about it and really want to fix the issue. your cpu is a 95w at full load with oc lol it shouldn't get very hot with water. - my opinion

yeah my bad on most games it doenst get over 70c

If you haven't delided, that's normal and perfectly fine. If you have delided, then it's a bit warm. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

5 minutes ago, ruet63 said:

i kept hearing that anything over 70c is really warm 

Keep in mind that metals are made to retain heat and displace it when we're talking about a PC. Energy like electricity gets really hot when it doesn't have any help to dissipate heat. 70c for your body would probably kill you after a while of exposure. Thats 158 degrees Fahrenheit which if you use standard you'd know that is really hot. But the computer likely doesn't stay that hot, and unless you have a probe under the lid of the cpu you wont be able to tell how hot it really is,. 

so should i be fine as far as {no wear or tear on the cpu}

Just now, ruet63 said:

so should i be fine as far as {no wear or tear on the cpu}

when you reply could you please quote us so we can tell you've replied. And yeah, you're totally golden. Just go ahead and see if taking the side of the case off works, or leave it. Kind of up to you lol

sorry im being alittle ignorant here as ive just gotten into building. what is the difference between a delided and a undelided

Just now, ruet63 said:

sorry im being alittle ignorant here as ive just gotten into building. what is the difference between a delided and a undelided

Delidding is removing the IHS (metal bit you can see) and cleaning up the thermal paste put there by Intel, and replacing it with liquid metal. 

Drops temps by about 20c.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

when you purchase a cpu it has a 'lid' on it. Which is usually silver ( i've not seen a brown one since the barton days ) and it says the name and rank of ghz on it. ( i call it rank no one else its just what its rated at ). it's possible to take the lid off and buy a special water cooler that touches the cores directly and doesn't have a piece of metal or 'lid' there. therefore dissipating heat much quicker. here watch this video some time ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKhfZd5HDkY&t=279s

so @Rob Walsh lidded is what i have as most cpus come like that im guessing. so does this mean my temps are high or ok. i heard it makes a massive impact. thanks.

thank you for being so responsive and helpful btw

so @Rob Walsh lidded is what i have as most cpus come like that im guessing. so does this mean my temps are high or ok. i heard it makes a massive impact. thanks.

Your temps are fine, if you had a delidded cpu they would not be okay like app4that mentioned. They are fine and you shouldn't worry about it. However my 8 core doesn't get that hot and its a 2700x oc to 4.1ghz. but if you're running games at max graphics and your case doesn't move a lot of air ( which it sounds like it does ) 70c is a very stable temp for your build. hope that helps

thank you for being so responsive and helpful btw

no problem man, as you learn about stuff you too can give some insight for people. Enthusiasts should always welcome new-comers as well. 

@ruet63 I should mention too that you won't have to worry about any problems unless it gets into the 83+ range. anywhere near the 85c mark is no good for cpu's and only then should you be worried.

'edit' by close I mean within 2c not 10c. cannot stress enough how JUST OKAY 70c is lol

thankyou for helping. ive just been monitoring my temps aton. maybe alittle to much...i just know there important