Can Amazon replace high-costing monitors without return?

DrThots

Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't - if you aren't abusing the warranty system then you have nothing to worry about, after all sending back a defective product is no big deal, right...?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

13 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

But, the fees are paid by them.

to clarify, at least in my experience, you pay the shipping costs but it gets refunded upon presenting the proof of payment with the amount

Based on 2 times i returned an item, first was withing the return period, second was a pair of Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears that had a broken cable within the warranty period.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

15 hours ago, Jtalk4456 said:

To clarify, the reason why this occurs in some circumstances is that it costs them more to pay for return shipping than to send a new one. I encountered this with office furniture working at staples. If you got the protection plan from squaretrade and even a scratch appeared you would get your staples gift card to go buy a new one with and you could keep the old one, since it would cost them a lot to have you mail the desk or chair back, and they wouldn't even do anything with it when they got it since it's damaged. It just wasn't worth it. This depends on the company and the item though, and abusing warranty terms is a good way to get in trouble with a company and i'm sure could technically be termed as insurance fraud or something similar

Can confirm this is definitely part of the reason. Personally, the company I work for, we send palletised goods to retailers and even the cost of 1plt of damaged goods is not worth putting back on a truck and then reusing the raw material etc.

We just tell them to give the pallet away to a local charity and we credit them the cost of the pallet.

Easiest way to keep a customer satisfied. Most places can't reuse damaged goods anyway.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

Try abusing it to get free items is wrong and you can get in seriously trouble for it, however there are stories here in there of free items.

I personally experienced this with MercadoLivre which is our closest thing to eBay in here, Looking for some deals as I needed to get a printer for my office, I come across a closed box high end Epson printer for a very good price, the seller was a brand new account that this was the only deal.

So I took the chances on it since I was covered any ways did the order and paid with credit card... but like 1 day afterwards talking about it with a friend who works with printers he said I should have got a HP one instead for easier and cheaper bulk in so I bought another cheaper HP printer instead and cancelled the high end Epson one.

Cancellation involved me taking the box back to the mail office once it arrived, give them a special return code and that's... which I did I return the box as I received it didn't even unpack, gave the code there and in the next day the website already had confirmed the return and I got the money/fund back on the credit card, later I got the other HP printer and moved on.

Happens that like more or less a month late the mail service leaves at my door the same package written "Returned to the sender due to insufficient address" I opened it up and it was the Epson printer, I went to check on MercadoLivre and the sellers account was already disable... but I did get my money back on the credit card... so... free printer?

I actually have it stored since, this has been like 5 months already didn't even bother opening the box as I have no use for this printer as the HP one was already in use... I might try to sell it or something... nobody ever got in contact with me about it.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

It sounds like you want to commit some fraud, as everyone has said already it's down to Amazon to decide if it's worthwhile for them to pay for the shipping back.

Previously I've had them arrange couriers to collect the item from your address so you don't even have to head out to post it back. What's your concern with posting it back if it's faulty? Why would you want a faulty monitor taking up space in your house?

13 hours ago, dizmo said:

Fraud is criminal, and is a large part of the reason why we pay more and more for our goods.

Think before you commit fraud for something as petty as a 100 pound monitor.

I've gotten numerous items for free, including a $100 beard trimmer. Forgot to ship it out within the time frame of the return label, they said don't worry about it just keep it. The rest were soaps etc that broke apart during shipping.

I would imaging my own Amazon account to be in some sort of (invisible to us) positive standing as I never lied about items needing to be sent back (for non-defect reasons) and have sent duplicate items back.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

From my personal experience, Amazon would ask you to return the item - which in this case is in the electronic device category, which Amazon knows had the highest possiblity of fraud. On their end, I have found Amazon doesn't charge shipping for returns, as they have their delivery service where I live. I just go b on their website and state why I want to send it back, they ok the return, and I only have to print a new label or use the one that came in the box. After that, I can go to the Amazon Station (I think it is called) at the local 7-11 convenience store, punch in a code, and close the door after inserting the box.

There is a reason why you "can just about buy anything on Amazon." Part of their business plan is customer trust and Amazon honoring their policies (for most circumstances) and making it easy for the customer to due business with them, including returns.

Amazon will give you a return label, or sometimes give you the option to return it to a Collect+ verified location (EU) for drop-off then they'll send a refund. They won't let you keep it, too much of a liability and I don't think scamming Amazon is the best thing to do