Radical Heights Developers begin closing down after their failure of Lawbreakers

ItsMitch
4 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

Same issue as with Lawbreakers, it came in too late.

Spoiler

That's what she said...

On 5/15/2018 at 8:00 AM, Doobeedoo said:

That title. 

Anyway, really not surprised about Radical Heights failure, saw it from the start. 

For LawBreakes though, it was actually really good, played very well. It was really a better version of OW though. Too bad it came a bit later after OW and people hardly switch, but people didn't even gave it a chance. Also Blizzard image is a huge thing as well. Anothe thing is, many saw it as hard to get into cause of it's pace and more aim requirement. 

Other games people said this exact same thing about, just change the names:

Titanfall

Battleborn

Any MOBA that tried to be different from LoL/Dota

Any MMO that isn't WoW, although surprisingly FF14 managed to return from the grave and be a decent competitor

In reality they're dingy little side games nobody cares about because they were marketed badly, entered in a crowded market, or like Lawbreakers were just too hard to understand upfront.

I think luck plays into it too. I still believe Path of Exile wouldn't have been nearly as successful as it is today if Diablo 3 wasn't the colossal disappointment it became, nobody would have bothered switching. Since Batlefield, Overwatch, LoL, and WoW in general aren't as unplayably bad as Diablo 3, there was never a reason for anybody to drop the hours and friends they made in those games for some new IP

9 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

Other games people said this exact same thing about, just change the names:

Titanfall

Battleborn

Any MOBA that tried to be different from LoL/Dota

Any MMO that isn't WoW, although surprisingly FF14 managed to return from the grave and be a decent competitor

In reality they're dingy little side games nobody cares about because they were marketed badly, entered in a crowded market, or like Lawbreakers were just too hard to understand upfront.

I think luck plays into it too. I still believe Path of Exile wouldn't have been nearly as successful as it is today if Diablo 3 wasn't the colossal disappointment it became, nobody would have bothered switching. Since Batlefield, Overwatch, LoL, and WoW in general aren't as unplayably bad as Diablo 3, there was never a reason for anybody to drop the hours and friends they made in those games for some new IP

I mean yeah, most people usually are active just in one game of the X genre and don't bother switching easily. True, can't really have multiple games be top popular of same genre, but more like say one or two that are just much above others. 

For MOBAs it's hard to compete, it's overcrowded market already for a while, aside from LoL/DotA games like Smite and HotS hold well. Paragon got shut down.

WoW is very good standing and ongoing, I play it, tried various MMOs of which there are couple I like but WoW is my primary one really. 

Yeah, marking and company reputation is important, but entering crowded market is a huge hassle and luck definitely plays in there. Cause game can be meh and gain players, it can be good and not gain. 

Path of Exile alpha was playable before D3 release even, it is made by old Blizzard employees. D3 kinda lacked certain things from release until later on it got added. RoS improved upon many things. But what killed it for me in a way was the seasons, which I knew from the very start when they announced them that it will just get dry and boring after few of them. And that is supposed to be the main "content" "endgame" though. I find that bad design.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

This is going to happen so logn as people keep chasing the same game types. People only have so much time and moeny for so many of the same types of games. Evnetually have to seek out other game niches not just all try to pile on one type. Until the industry figures this out it'll have these sad stories.

On 5/14/2018 at 8:40 PM, JurunceNK said:

It's why for my tactical shooter/ARPG/MilSim game, there won't be any multiplayer. This should let me come up with something unique.

to be fair you can do multiplayer and do something unique, just happens that MP makes developers lasy. If CoD is a success it rains the clones, if PUBG is a success it rains the clones.

In single player the innovation is much greater than in MP were for the most part developers just want to make money fast

now presenting CoD battle royale, so... :D

this studio is just trying to ride the bandwagon, no wonder it failed.