Emran Elsamra is in need

Hello Linus, or anyone reading this! I’m a less than 16 year old boy who really would love to be apart of building a fan a pc series. I’m rocking a pc which is a HP pavilion with no gpu and I game with its inorgrated cpu graphics.... It’s a I7 6700 which is good like I’m happy with it but I have no space for gpu I bought a Gt 1030 and yes I mean a 1030 because i couldn’t afford anything else and it was a waste of money because it didn’t fit. I have a rgb desk with razer equipment and a snowball mic so I look like a gamer but I can’t eveen run games. I have a 1080 monitor which is upsetting and annoying because it’s 22 cwq so there’s so much glitches  I watch you every day believe me if I were to go on your series I can build the whole pc by myself (with a little help with peeling the plastic off things because I know you love to) I really love you to your full of joy and energy maybe it’s the Canadian in you! I really would love to have my dream computer become a reality and you can definitely help me. And by the way I got all my razer things on Black Friday I ended up paying 130 usd for all of it so I look like a gamer while I can’t do anything on my pc.

AA5DE536-B7E4-4F67-98FC-3D92B43D95C4.jpeg

F004B54C-AC4B-48A5-BE76-7248BC81FD1E.jpeg

3A13792C-C16F-470D-8D98-A65CB29EA484.jpeg

DCC057A3-CC9B-4289-B0FF-0CAE67FADB23.jpeg

Thanks I greatly appreciate it. Just when there’s a open spot I’m your man..!! 

Why would you waste money on an RGB keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, and a fancy microphone if you're going to just have shit tier hardware? I think the real issue here isn't that you can't afford to buy a better PC, it's that you spend your money on the wrong things. I feel as though anyone other than you should be in a build a fan a PC video0. Also, you bought a GT 1030 without checking if it would fit? You also have no idea how to build a computer obviously, just another reason for it to not be you. And while I'm talking about the GT 1030, wtf do you mean it doesn't fit? It is a PCI-E x16 card, it looks like you got the slot, so how the fuck could it NOT FIT? I'm sorry this post is just so ludicrous I don't even understand how this post could exist.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

11 minutes ago, Fixinit1 said:

Why would you waste money on an RGB keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, and a fancy microphone if you're going to just have shit tier hardware? I think the real issue here isn't that you can't afford to buy a better PC, it's that you spend your money on the wrong things. I feel as though anyone other than you should be in a build a fan a PC video0. Also, you bought a GT 1030 without checking if it would fit? You also have no idea how to build a computer obviously, just another reason for it to not be you. And while I'm talking about the GT 1030, wtf do you mean it doesn't fit? It is a PCI-E x16 card, it looks like you got the slot, so how the fuck could it NOT FIT? I'm sorry this post is just so ludicrous I don't even understand how this post could exist.

Here's an idea:

Chill the fuck out

the kid obviously doesn't know what he's doing but you sure as hell aren't doing him a favor right now.

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

You could try to enter an LTT giveaway or something to the sorts in the future, but the odds are pretty low. I would really recommend finding a summer job tbh.

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

14 minutes ago, Fixinit1 said:

You also have no idea how to build a computer obviously, just another reason for it to not be you. And while I'm talking about the GT 1030, wtf do you mean it doesn't fit? It is a PCI-E x16 card, it looks like you got the slot, so how the fuck could it NOT FIT? 

Depending on what GT 1030, it may very well not fit. Look at where the 24-pin is.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

18 minutes ago, Fixinit1 said:

Dang dude, did you have to whack his peepee so hard?  Obviously all of us did not start at the top of the pile and for sure this kid has a ways to go before he gets there but I don't think your condemnation was required or necessary.  Like the other guy said, "Chill the fuck out".

8 minutes ago, TheSLSAMG said:

Depending on what GT 1030, it may very well not fit. Look at where the 24-pin is.

If he ran into that issue, why not just buy a riser cable and be done?

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

24 minutes ago, Fixinit1 said:

I guess you were born with all the money and knowledge. The guy is clearly not a tech savvy, and your comments are not helping at all.

1 hour ago, Fixinit1 said:

Thanks man I appreciate it. I really did nothing wrong so I don’t understand why your so mad....: But man I got the pc as a gift from my parents on my birthday it was the first Pc I have ever used really so I thought it was a beast. Also from family members they gave me around 50 dollars. I saved a little bit and on Black Friday I got rgb stuff and a mic. Then I started understanding computers more and watching many builds. I took apart a old desktop and put it back together I wanted a gpu hoping it would be better but it wouldn’t fit I wasn’t that tech savvy to know that it needed to be specific measurement to fit. Now I watched over 1000 tech building videos from Linus and a couple other people I do know how to build a Pc. And clearly you don’t know that basically half of Linus winners haven’t built a computer in there life while i one took apart and put it together so stop assuming! And the card didn’t fit because if your not blind you can see the wiring on top of the card slot blocked any card from being put in. And I think I have just as good of a chance as anyone else and don’t you dare ever talk to anyone like that cursing them out without even knowing them or telling them that there’s no way there going to win something because no my lucks not good I’m just a kid who wants to game like basically everyone else and not get fucking bullied for the shit ass computer I have so just stop right now think before you type and don’t ever do this to anyone.

1 hour ago, CmzPlusHardware said:

You could try to enter an LTT giveaway or something to the sorts in the future, but the odds are pretty low. I would really recommend finding a summer job tbh.

Thansk man but I’m to young for a summer job because most of the jobs you have to be like 15-16 like to work summer camp or stuff like that

1 hour ago, cesarbg said:

I guess you were born with all the money and knowledge. The guy is clearly not a tech savvy, and your comments are not helping at all.

Thansk man for sticking up

Who's system will be on top. OP's or mine? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

What do you mean who’s (Op)

1 hour ago, DaJakerBoss said:

Here's an idea:

Chill the fuck out

the kid obviously doesn't know what he's doing but you sure as hell aren't doing him a favor right now.

See thank you I was just gonna if I could be a winner but no I have to get cursed at for nothing 

While you may not immediately have the money for a good graphics card; that system should support a single slot card if you can find one. The main issue would be the power supply, but a budget (rx 550/560 or gtx 1050/1050ti) card shouldn't cause problems. Send back the 1030 you bought, get your money back, save for a bit while looking for single slot cards online, and buy one when you have enough money. At the same time take some time to educate yourself on PCs in general, and maybe even mess around with programming.

Also, the iGPU on the 6700 should be good enough for low settings in games like rocket league and even medium settings in CS:GO (Can confirm from personal experience; I used my 6700k's iGPU to play those games for a month until I was able to get my 1060). Give those games a try (Team Fortress 2 is free and runs on pretty much everything too), and you should be able to enjoy your PC while you save up for a GPU.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

Reminds me of my first rig, except yours is probably like 10 or 20 times faster lol

2 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Reminds me of my first rig, except yours is probably like 10 or 20 times faster lol

Same here, I had a sandy bridge i3...

"Every program needs 2 things: 1: A dark theme... and 2: A 'Fuck off!' button, no exceptions!" -Me

1 hour ago, TheSLSAMG said:

That case looks SFF (that fan is 80mm) and the card must be too big for it...

btw wtf happened to the stock Intel fan? there's another 80mm fan glued on top of the heatsink... Oh that rig sure has seen better days but now all it needs is a bit of love, a LP graphics card and maybe some modding

@Emran Elsamra what's the model of yout 1030? There might be a chance you find a proper bracket

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

37 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

btw wtf happened to the stock Intel fan? there's another 80mm fan glued on top of the heatsink... Oh that rig sure has seen better days but now all it needs is a bit of love, a LP graphics card and maybe some modding

@Emran Elsamra what's the model of yout 1030? There might be a chance you find a proper bracket

Why is a LP card necessary? That case is normal width. A SS card is what OP needs.

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

1 hour ago, JustMATT said:

Same here, I had a sandy bridge i3...

Idk what i had, it was an old packard bell. Earlier than a celeron and pentium i believe.

Pretty sure it had a windows 95 sticker on it too.

Edit just checked..

50mhz 48-sx2

4mb ram

340mb hdd

Cirrus logic gpu 1mb

Floppy drive & CD

Pb450 mobo

Pacard bell legend 10cd

I use to watch the light flicker as it was doing work, and making those awesome computer sounds. Was windows 3.11

This doesn't seem like a very difficult fix. You already know how to work with computer parts from what you stated earlier. Have you thought about buying a cheap case and simply transferring all of your parts into the other case? That would be the cheapest and easier solution. You could possibly get some decent playable results on some games if you overclock the GPU. Cases are cheap when you look and you could have a nicer looking and more "gamer" looking setup when you're done.

10 hours ago, aezakmi said:

It’s a Msi Gt Areo head over clocked

9 hours ago, OverC1ockeD said:

This doesn't seem like a very difficult fix. You already know how to work with computer parts from what you stated earlier. Have you thought about buying a cheap case and simply transferring all of your parts into the other case? That would be the cheapest and easier solution. You could possibly get some decent playable results on some games if you overclock the GPU. Cases are cheap when you look and you could have a nicer looking and more "gamer" looking setup when you're done.

I was going to buy is the mother board which is the issue because the wiring doesn’t allow my gpu to fit and it’s just the pc is pretty old now 

10 hours ago, sazrocks said:

While you may not immediately have the money for a good graphics card; that system should support a single slot card if you can find one. The main issue would be the power supply, but a budget (rx 550/560 or gtx 1050/1050ti) card shouldn't cause problems. Send back the 1030 you bought, get your money back, save for a bit while looking for single slot cards online, and buy one when you have enough money. At the same time take some time to educate yourself on PCs in general, and maybe even mess around with programming.

Also, the iGPU on the 6700 should be good enough for low settings in games like rocket league and even medium settings in CS:GO (Can confirm from personal experience; I used my 6700k's iGPU to play those games for a month until I was able to get my 1060). Give those games a try (Team Fortress 2 is free and runs on pretty much everything too), and you should be able to enjoy your PC while you save up for a GPU.

Thanks man but I just want to run my gpu first to see how it runs I don’t have enough money for anything really I’m at -27 dollars in my bank account and can’t get out of it

11 hours ago, Keith W said:

OP = Original poster

So that would be you.

Good luck in your quest to get a better computer

Thanks man to get a better pc Linus could help but it’s slim to none

18 minutes ago, Emran Elsamra said:

Thanks man but I just want to run my gpu first to see how it runs I don’t have enough money for anything really I’m at -27 dollars in my bank account and can’t get out of it

Refund your 1030. Debt is really not a thing you want, especially at this age.

Your 6700’s iGPU will work fine until you can save to buy a GPU.

Yes, I have 9 monitors.