Looking for a silent CPU Cooler

8 hours ago, Spotty said:

All the dust in your case has discoloured it to the point where it matches the colour of the Noctua fans.

U WANNA FITE SCRUB?! COME AT ME. I’LL HEADPAT YAH 3:<!!!

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

As long as your skin isn't too sensitive to the heatsink fins, it should be pretty easy to fit your thumb at the back to unlock the graphics card especially in a case as open as the Define S. 

It's not necessary though as long as your temps are fine.

I mean they fine owo So whut ever

Moist

With nhd15 and a 1070 g1  I hear more the noise of my 2 intake fans from my 760t than the rest of the computer.

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

13 hours ago, airdeano said:

it would be better for cooling, but the d15 is symmetrical design limits the use of the first/second slot, the d15s asymmetrical design would be better for 1st slot GPU mounting.

First slot, yes, but so do many other coolers. You can see from pic that card would fit into 2nd slot without issues. Your card would need to have massive backplate for any issues.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I personally ran an overclocked i5 4690k at 4.6ghz at 1.27v on a passively cooled phanteks ph-tc14pe which I had spray painted black from it's original red inside of a Corsair air 540 and I was only hitting like 60ish degrees during 100% CPU useage in GTA v. With both fans installed and the rubber dampers on I couldn't hear either of the fans during normal operation. Noctua's d-15 is good, scythes larger options are good candidates to passively cool, deepcools neptwin v2 is pretty big and is cheap enough to where you could put a couple of p12 redux in them and still have spent way less than a d-15. A deepcools assassin is slightly larger and would likely need a couple of p14 redux fans or to just be ran passively. Bequiets darkrock pro series are pretty much silent and also large enough to where if you have some airflow near it the CPU should be fine. There's also the icepipe fanless CPU coolers but those really do limit case and motherboard compatibility.