Looking for a silent CPU Cooler

Hi,

Just building a computer for a mate, and wanting to know if there are any quiet / silent fan CPU coolers.

His total his willing to spend for the entire build is $1500.

An will be mainly using Autodesk Revit  to produce High DPI renders.

The chipset ill be using is LGA 1151.

So guess the price for the cpu cooler I'm looking for is between $50 - $120 .

Cheers.

Are you looking for a parts list to an entire build or just the CPU cooler?

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

1 minute ago, Bigbootyjudy said:

Are you looking for a parts list to an entire build or just the CPU cooler?

Just the cpu cooler.

Any Noctua cooler that will fit in his case and not interfere with his RAM, the fans may be ugly but they are shockingly quiet compared to usual computer fans.

PS: no such thing as a silent cooler unless it's passive.

Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Noctua NH-D15.

Don't go for AIO's, they're not quiet.

1 minute ago, Sack said:

PS: no such thing as a silent cooler unless it's passive.

Meh, a noctua fan at 300-350 rpm is virtually silent. No bearing or motor noise, even when hovering your ear next to it.

can confirm, even my dark rock pro 3 is pretty much silent. 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

6 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Noctua NH-D15.

Don't go for AIO's, they're not quiet.

Meh, a noctua fan at 300-350 rpm is virtually silent. No bearing or motor noise, even when hovering your ear next to it.

Silent means no sound, they are very quiet, there is a difference, and I love my Noctua fans.

dark rock pro or cryorig h5, I have the cryorig h5 and it runs somewhat quiet under load though the dark rock is probs better

Scythe Mugen 5 is about as good as it gets in terms of price to performance.

What cpu, ram and case are you using and are you oc'ing?

Where are you shopping/located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

41 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Dark Rock Pro 4 has a better noise/performance. And doesn't look like ass ;)

I said price to performance. It's $48 vs $90.

And at least one review (Tom's Hardware) shows worse acoustic and thermal performance for the Dark Rock Pro 4.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/scythe-mugen-5-rev.b-cpu-cooler,5083-2.html

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/be-quiet-dark-rock-pro-4-cpu-cooler,5559-2.html

Just now, Strayan_Bass said:

Australia, his probs not going be to overclock.

What cpu, ram and case is he using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have a noctua L9i lying around my place. If you are not going to overclock and the case is a small (e.g. ITX mobo) L9i is the way to go. Plus, as far as I know, L9i is compatible with all Motherboards. No backplate or ram interference.

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

U14S is really nice cooler, but knowing AU pricing, it might go overbudget.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, Kenji the Uke said:

I love my noctua nd-d15. Long af warranty, easy af to install. 

3C2BE216-B75C-4B5A-B532-5A93E2B182A0.jpeg

So many dust bunnies in there mate xD 

AMD Ryzen 3950x under a Noctua D15S, 32 Gb G Skill FlareX 3200 DDR4 running at 3200 CL14, Gigabyte Aorus Pro 570 Wifi, Gigabyte 2070 Super hooked to a Dell U2718Q 4k HDR monitor & an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS panel of some kind, an Inland 1 TB M.2 PCIE 4 main drive, a Samsung NVME M.2 250Gb, WD Blue 500Gb  and 1 TB SSDs, Corsair RMX750, Rainbows and butterflies...

29 minutes ago, RyzenDoctor said:

So many dust bunnies in there mate xD 

Thats living in the desert for yah. I have to clean it once a week even with dust filters ;w;

Moist

8 hours ago, Kenji the Uke said:

Can't you install the graphics card higher up? It'd be better for cooling. 

8 hours ago, Kenji the Uke said:

That's the first time I've seen Noctua fans match the colour scheme of a case.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

it would be better for cooling, but the d15 is symmetrical design limits the use of the first/second slot, the d15s asymmetrical design would be better for 1st slot GPU mounting.

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

That's the first time I've seen Noctua fans match the colour scheme of a case.

Wut

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

I want to, but then I couldnt get it back out xD 

55 minutes ago, airdeano said:

it would be better for cooling, but the d15 is symmetrical design limits the use of the first/second slot, the d15s asymmetrical design would be better for 1st slot GPU mounting.

Pls gibe

Moist

Just now, Kenji the Uke said:

Wut

All the dust in your case has discoloured it to the point where it matches the colour of the Noctua fans.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Kenji the Uke said:

I want to, but then I couldnt get it back out xD 

As long as your skin isn't too sensitive to the heatsink fins, it should be pretty easy to fit your thumb at the back to unlock the graphics card especially in a case as open as the Define S. 

It's not necessary though as long as your temps are fine.