Why does this mobo have this feature??

Redundancy.

My motherboard has two too.

I can also choose what NIC I want my servers to use.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

There are multiple reasons why you might want duel gigabit ethernet on a board. Especially ITX where you don't have the luxury of an add in ethernet card presuming that you'll populate the pcie slot with a gpu. You can have one port dedicated to an internet connection and another dedicated to internal file transfers over a server. You can team your connection for 2 gigabit if you really need the extra speed. Linus has demonstrated a lot of these in previous videos, I think the 10gb ethernet on the cheap video covers most of them

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Redundancy.

My motherboard has two too.

I can also choose what NIC I want my servers to use.

Any real-world benefit to me plugging both into router/network switch?

1 minute ago, BlackRogue said:

There are multiple reasons why you might want duel gigabit ethernet on a board. Especially ITX where you don't have the luxury of an add in ethernet card presuming that you'll populate the pcie slot with a gpu. You can have one port dedicated to an internet connection and another dedicated to internal file transfers over a server. You can team your connection for 2 gigabit if you really need the extra speed. Linus has demonstrated a lot of these in previous videos, I think the 10gb ethernet on the cheap video covers most of them

So [realistically] if I plugged both into my network switch, would it help transfer speeds between my PC and NAS/other PCs on the network, maybe even reliability of connection to the router for broadband?

If both computers involved in the transfer have 2 Gigabit connections they yes, teaming them would increase transfer speeds. If they are different they will transfer at the maximum speed of the slowest connection. If you team the connections to the router however then incoming traffic from multiple 1 gigabit connections would not be bottlenecked until you reach the 2 gigabit limit. I am unsure about reliability however but it would be relatively low risk since this is something that has been done for years

19 minutes ago, KiloAlphaIndigo said:

Any real-world benefit to me plugging both into router/network switch?

Depends on what you are using it for.

One of the possible usages is as a Router -> Internet in, routed out. Though not that common these days.

Another possibility is to double the transfer rate when combining both NIC Ports.
You should have the option in Windows...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"