LG 27UK650-W 27" 4K Monitor Power off

Randy R
Go to solution Solved by Spicedaddy,

That's how Windows handles DisplayPort. My main display is an LG27UD68 (DisplayPort), and I have 2x 23" 1080p monitors (HDMI and DVI).

I never turn them off, but when they go to sleep everything on the main monitor gets moved to one of the secondary monitors. It's a pain.

Some monitors have an option to keep the DisplayPort connection alive when they sleep, but LGs don't unfortunately.

Whenever I power off my LG 27UK650-W 27" 4K UHD IPS Monitor, then turn it on, windows see this as a complete display reset. It moves all my desktop icons to one of my other monitors desktop as well as all my windows. I have to then Redrag all the windows and icons back.

Anyone have any idea what to do about this?

In a multi monitor setup dont turn off only one display? Because then the desktop size changes and windows resets it. Why would you only need to turn off only 1 monitor? Anyways just turn off the computer not monitors, then the desktop should remain intact. After the pc is off the monitors should go to sleep themselves.

this is exactly how it should behave, if a video output is disconnected which is the same as powering it off it will have to make any other output that is still connected the new primary monitor.

7 hours ago, Pixel5 said:

this is exactly how it should behave, if a video output is disconnected which is the same as powering it off it will have to make any other output that is still connected the new primary monitor.

This doesnt occur when I turn off my other monitors.

is your other monitor set as the primary one before you try this?

it should always try to make another monitor the primary one if the original primary monitor is turned of or disconnected.

12 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

is your other monitor set as the primary one before you try this?

it should always try to make another monitor the primary one if the original primary monitor is turned of or disconnected.

The 4k is set as my main.

And this occurs actually when I turn it on, not off. Windows will make that sound that you plugged something out, then back in.

That's how Windows handles DisplayPort. My main display is an LG27UD68 (DisplayPort), and I have 2x 23" 1080p monitors (HDMI and DVI).

I never turn them off, but when they go to sleep everything on the main monitor gets moved to one of the secondary monitors. It's a pain.

Some monitors have an option to keep the DisplayPort connection alive when they sleep, but LGs don't unfortunately.

8 hours ago, Sugadaddy said:

That's what I needed to know then. Thanks