Temperature of processor too low!

Go to solution Solved by thanos999,

its real temp that is wrong try a differant program for testing your temps like this

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html 

or this https://www.passmark.com/reports/cpu-heat-generation-benchmarks.htm

Hi i recently applied a new thermal paste on the processor with is on the water cooling system from cooler master. I had this pc for 4 years now.

Never had such a low temperature as -1c or 0c or 2c when idle.

I have never seen such low temperture of my cpu before.

I will add the picture of it in the post. 

There was a button in the mother board which i accidentally pressed. I also removed the motherboard flat battery and put it back. 

I dont know what the problem is. And that low temp looks so unusual. Can anyone help me?

I dont use gpu at the moment! 

What CPU do you have, what’s is your motherboard?

What paste did you use? What program are you using to monitor temps?

Also, what is the ambient temperature of the room you are in?

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

My pc spec is i7 4th gen, 2x8gb ram, samsung ssd 230g, 

I dont really have any significant performance issue. 

When i play cs.go on the intel hd graphic. Did that just to test. So i had temperature like 12 - 23c temp and when i shut the game down it comes back to -1 or 0 or 2c.

@Semm2012

@Hiitchy i used a cheap thermal paste made from china that i found here at my local stores. 

Right now the temp here is about 14-16 c temp.

@Sombra

There are three probabilities that I can think of. One, is that the sensor might be broken. Two, you are using the PC in the Arctic or something. Three, the Cooler Master AIO probably has liquid nitrogen in it lol.

@Hiitchy i have an Asus z971 plus micro atx motherboard. 

I am not at home now. But thats what my motherboard model is i think!

@CapitalistVN hi yean i dont know actually where the motherboard heat sensor is located.

It cold weather right now so its cols in here. 

Not liquid nitrogen i am sure of! 

I worries me. It sounds nice that the processor is cold but it looks very abnormal to go so low!

2 minutes ago, utsa1111 said:

@CapitalistVN hi yean i dont know actually where the motherboard heat sensor is located.

It cold weather right now so its cols in here. 

Not liquid nitrogen i am sure of! 

I worries me. It sounds nice that the processor is cold but it looks very abnormal to go so low!

What software do you use to check the temps?

xD people would die for some temps. If where your computer is located is above 0 (ambient temp), then your sensors are just bad. Otherwise, get ready for the nobel prize, when you proof thermodynamics laws wrong

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

also, pics or it never happened.

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

gosh xD, if your room/or whatever is above -above -4 then your sensors are just bad

It would not hurt to run a cpu stress test to see if your clocks are fine besides this.

I highly think there is a problem with the sensor. I doubt an AIO can cool that cold in a cold ambient temperature room. Try the CPU on another motherboard and see what the temps are like there.

If the temps are actually 0c and below, I suggest you warm your room up more because condensation will occur and you can damage all your components in your PC. But congrats if you can actually reach 0c on an AIO. You got an AIO with freaking NOS in it.

hi.

It's either a bad temp sensor or the software messing things up.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

0C is freezing. Temperature sensors are likely broken since your CPU probably isn't frozen.