Should I get the 1070Ti?

Do you guys recommend me to get the EVGA 1070ti FTW Ultra Silent, upgrading from a MSI 1060 6gb. I found a deal on amazon for the evga 1070ti for $680 CAD, where the other 1070ti cards are around $750 CAD.

There is two choice

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING 8G 

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti FTW ULTRA SILENT

both around the same price and the cheapest 1070tis

My specs CPU - AMD Ryzen 1700x 3.8ghz
CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i V2
MoB- MSI x370 Gaming Carbon Pro
Ram - Corsair Vengeance RGB 16gb (8x2) DDR4 3200mhz
GPU - MSI GTX 1060 6gb
PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 750W 80 Plus Gold
SSD - Samsung 850 Pro 256gb
HDD - WD Black 1tb

I know i could've saved so much money for a better gpu that time, but i really liked RGB stuff so I knew I had to sacrifice something. I am currently selling my 1060 to my friend if i buy a 1070ti

yes go for it the evga ftw are there top off the line but you could also wait for the new cards to come out in about 2 mounths

and as luck would have it im receiving a new gpu tomorrow replcing my evga gtx760 with msi 1070 armour so i will be benching to find out the improvements the new card is

Damn bro nice choice, whats the new card that will come out in 2 months 

the new cards wont be cheap im guessing... 1070ti is beyond my budget already sadly :(

the nvidea gtx 1180 and the gtx 1170 but they might be all gone as soon as they come out but the prices for the 1070 and 1080 might come down

i only needed to get a 1060 but i thought i dont want to replace the card anytime soon so i went for one that was overpowerd  for my current resolution

that will be my first new card in 5 years also got a new cpu ram and motherboard my first ever amd build got the ryzen 5 2600 and i overclocked it and im currntly in 4th place for the hihgest overclock on the chip

Im gonna say no. The 1070Ti is not enough of an upgrade from the 1060 6GB, unless you want to play at 1440P.

Do you have a 1440P or higher refresh rate (144HZ or 120 HZ) monitor? For 1080 / 60 the 1060 should be good enough.

Financially, it would make more sense to wait for the next generation of cards.

19 minutes ago, maartendc said:

Im gonna say no. The 1070Ti is not enough of an upgrade from the 1060 6GB, unless you want to play at 1440P.

Do you have a 1440P or higher refresh rate (144HZ or 120 HZ) monitor? For 1080 / 60 the 1060 should be good enough.

Financially, it would make more sense to wait for the next generation of cards.

i have a benq xl211z 144hz monitor. I just need something that wont get my fps to drop below 90 in fortnite when i stream. My 1060 drops to 60 sometimes and i hate it my settings are lowest already

you are right about waiting, its cause my friend is building a pc so i can sell him my gpu

19 hours ago, XIndiian said:

i have a benq xl211z 144hz monitor. I just need something that wont get my fps to drop below 90 in fortnite when i stream. My 1060 drops to 60 sometimes and i hate it my settings are lowest already

In that case the 1070 Ti would probably be a meaningful upgrade for you, you would probably not drop to anywhere near 60 FPS. 1080 would be good as well. I wouldnt bother with the 1070 (non TI).

Seeing as your CPU is powerfull enough to handle streaming and gaming, the GPU might make a big difference.

Thankyou man, but would u suggest me to wait for the new GPUs? I’m pretty sure when they realease prices will be fairly high right?